The freebiemeet is tomorrow — for anyone who wants them, here are the new rules in advance. Everything that has changed I have posted here in bold purple. (And I meant to post this earlier this week so I apologize. I am having a very hard time catching up this spring!)
I know there were many suggestions for rules that I did not include. My hope is to keep it simple, avoid rules I cannot easily enforce, and as much as possible, avoid hurt feelings. Going forward, we are going to hold the freebiemeet three times a year instead of two — the next freebiemeet will be in September. So, other changes:
If you wish to give away items using any rules other than those listed here (to request payment for postage, for example), you are more than welcome to do so any time in one of the scent of the day polls or lazy weekend polls.
How it works: giving away perfume
1. You need to tell others where you’re willing to send (only in your country? International?). If you would list that first, it will save other readers time.
2. Anyone who wants to play can list the items they have. Please NUMBER YOUR LIST (up to 15) and group items you'd prefer to keep in one package. In other words, if you want to give away ten samples and want to mail them all to the same person, list that as one numbered item. Please do not include more than 15 numbered items or groups in your list — it really helps to keep the thread easy to read. You can list full bottles, partial bottles, decants, samples, whatever you want, but please specify what they are!
3. You will have to post your email address in your comment, or have some other way for readers to contact you — one option is to list your email address at gravatar.com, and then link to your gravatar page in your user profile here. Another option would be to link to a contact page at your own blog, or anywhere on the web where people can find a way to reach you.
4. You are free to specify that you would prefer to give your items to Now Smell This "regulars" only, in which case, you may ask that the person calling dibs link to one or two (no more than two, please) prior articles on Now Smell This on which they have commented in the past six months. If you want to be able to apply a different definition of "regular", please give your items away elsewhere, like in a scent of the day or lazy weekend poll.
5. Please, do not give your items away to anyone who does not have a proper "dibs" comment under your post!
6. Package your items appropriately and mail within the next month. You might want to read through items 7-8 on our swapping post.
How it works: getting perfume
1. If you see an item you want, call "dibs" in the comments. Again, you can only do this if you already have an active reader account — I will not be approving comments for new accounts on this thread. You can claim up to 1 item on any given list (please be specific by using the item number) and no more than 2 items total for this episode. Obviously, you should not call dibs on anything that has already been claimed, so you might want to refresh the page before taking the time to leave a comment. Once you can see that you're the first person to call dibs on something, send an email with your username and mailing details. Please DO NOT ask the other party to email you.
2. Please don't leave comments for any reason other than calling dibs...these threads get long enough as it is!
3. Many readers are offended when their packages are not acknowledged, so do send a quick thank you note after you receive your freebies!