Dior Homme Parfum by Christian Dior ~ new fragrance

Dior Homme Parfum

Christian Dior has launched Dior Homme Parfum, a new concentration of 2005's Dior Homme. Dior Homme Parfum follows recent releases Dior Homme Eau for Men and Dior Homme Cologne.

Dior Homme Parfum is the quintessence of Dior Homme. An unusual concentration for a smooth and intense fragrance. The noble quality of its ingredients is conveyed differently on each person's skin.

The notes include iris, rose, cedar, sandalwood and leather.

Dior Homme Parfum is available now at Sephora in France, in 75 ml, €102.

(quote via dior, additional information via nzherald.co.nz)

1. relleric says:

Sounds delish!

It has some good notices on Basenotes (although also a few not good notices).

2. eaudemale says:

I’m wearing DHI today, the reformulation… I hate that they added pear to this version :( I’m really curious about this one, at least there’s nothing mentioned about pear or vetiver in the notes.

Blech…I do nearly always hate pear.

• Merlin says:

Didn’t Dior Homme Intense always have a pear liqueur note? I think the pear liqueur is nicer than straight pear… This makes it quite different from the slightly aromatic EDT. The Intense strikes me as richer, sweeter and more amber-ey, but I recently bought the EDT because I am enamored with everything containing lavender – and I found it at a pretty good price :)

• Merlin says:

And it is weird that there would be a Dior Homme Intense as well as a Dior Homme Parfum, or are they discontinuing the Intense?

• eaudemale says:

At all, it’s just another flanker. I think it’s a fair flanker. They’re removing the notes I hate (vetiver and pear) and adding some more leather.

• eaudemale says:

The first edition was heavier on the amber, cocoa and vetiver but didn’t have pear. After the DH etd reformulation I went for a DHI because the citrus and lavender notes were intensified, reducing the lipstick smell of the original.
        To my surprise, they also reformulated DHI and added pear, summed to the fair amount of vetiver it already had, made this fragrance not really enjoyable as it used to be for me. I just can’t stand the sweetness that vetiver adds to perfumes.

• Merlin says:

So the EDT and the Intense have been reformulated? Hard to keep up! Personally I tend to find vetiver a dry note – though pear does add sweetness? And I do think DH EDT and the Intense are very sweet scents. My issue is not with a flanker as such but I just think the name is odd given that people consider parfum versions to already be simply more intense versions.

3. ravjan says:

I received a detailed description of the scent and it sounds gorgeous. I just can’t wait to lay my hands on it!

Hope you’ll like it then!

• ravjan says:

Me too. Especially that I have never been a huge fan of all the other Dior Hommes. But now they’re growing on me…

4. sabbauer says:

We already have it. I find it very smooth and round. Not sweet but soft – woody-slightly spicy.
    A bit like.. ähmm… used underwear.
    With the right man… very sexy.

5. sweetgrass says:

I just bought a bottle of Dior Homme EDT (was my SOTD yesterday), and I love it. I’ll definitely give this one a sniff when I come across it.

6. Jenkr says:

I like DH so I’ll definitely try this version too. I got a lot of compliments wearing DH.

7. Haven’t there been Multiple versions of this already??? I mean just How many Dior Homme’s Are out there????

• eaudemale says: