DSquared2 Wild ~ new fragrance

DSquared2 Wild

DSquared2 will launch Wild, a new fragrance for men, this fall. Per designer Dan Caten,

It’s a raw roll in the hay — the whole idea is to be a bit raw. Even the bottle is kind of harnessed.

Wild was developed by perfumers Daphné Bugey and Annick Ménardo. Notes for the earthy woody fragrance include santolina, resin accord, neo-labdanum, opoponax, vegetable amber and  humus accord.

DSquared2 Wild will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml and in matching grooming products.

(via wwd)

1. pigoletto says:

In theory, an interesting set of notes. Humus is a quirky idea for a note. I’ve often smelled it and thought it doesn’t really smell like food, it’s an odd nutty dry yet velvety scent (that literal mashup of tahini paste and chickpea).

Yes — and I like Daphne Bugey too. Unfortunately the line is not easy to find in the US…

Oh, but pretty sure they mean humus as in soil, not hummus the food item.

• pigoletto says:

Oh, shame. Because the scent of hummus done right would be a great pairing with resin and labdanum – just a general woody scent (and clearly I am hungry).

It could be fun! But less of a roll in the hay ;-)

• relleric says:

I had to read it twice (up way too late last night), and I read earthy, not delicious dip! ;)

I’m dragging this morning too.

2. des esseintes says:

Oh, my! The notes sound very interesting and neo-labdanum is one of my favourite notes (or maybe a future favourite since I have no idea what they mean).

Sounds like a daring composition considering the brand. I think I have smelled all of their releases so far, but I don’t remember even *one* of them. I look forward to try it.

I bet neo-labdanum involves additional processing of some sort…probably a molecular fraction or something (?)

• des esseintes says:

Yes, that’s probably what it is. Not that there’s anything needing fractioned out in the regular thing. It’s an important part of oriental perfumes and essential in amber type perfumes.

3. Jaisalmer says:

It sounds very interesting but in the end i will be disappointed