1. jonr951 says:

Was it also a commercial for their shoes?! Ha! Cuz they were what I was paying most attention to. ^_^

Good eye…there is a nearly identical ad — much of the same footage — for the shoes.

2. Marjorie Rose says:

So, is he a photographer and she’s his model? Because then the whole rubbing her leg thing seems sort of inappropriate. Or if she’s his girlfriend, why does he seem so bemused by her attentions? Am I thinking about this too hard?

• nebbe says:

They are dating, and met on a film shoot a couple months ago. He is preoccupied with figuring out how to break up with her but still sleep with her – and/or her roommate.

Thinking about things is fun :)

• Marjorie Rose says:

Ah yes, that clarifies things for me! Thank you! :D

I have no clue what the “story line” is meant to be. He’s mildly depressed or something, or his dog just died, that’s all I got.

• Marjorie Rose says:

He *does* appear to be in pain. Maybe it’s sympathy for the lady who apparently only wear’s swimsuits and swims in her heels? It could be his sexy-empathy face. . .

Whatever it is, it’s about 30 seconds too much of it. I’m sure whatever they show on tv will be shorter, and easier to take.

3. galbanumgal says:

Dude looks like he got up on the wrong side of the bed that day. Makes me cringe to see someone swimming in shoes that expensive!

2nd perfume commercial in recent memory where a lady goes swimming in high heels. Ha.

4. AnnieA says:

Quick poll! Who here wear heels when they’re in a bathing suit, or knows someone who does? (Decided against asking who swims in heels, ‘cos THAT is silly). BTW, not sure that I have been in a bathing suit this year, even in flip-flops…

5. akimon says:

That shot of the model standing on what looks like balcony edge – it just begging for quick Game of Thrones crossover/Photoshop action, where Jamie Lannister comes in and throws her off the ledge. That’s ALL I could think of, seriously..

6. nozknoz says:

His attitude is really odd, I agree. I think he’s hurt that she loves the shoes way more than she does him. ;-)

• Laurels says:

No, he’s sad that her self-esteem is so low that she’s willing to spend a month’s pay on horribly uncomfortable shoes, and won’t take them off even for a day by the pool. (Note that he’s wearing rubber-soled shoes, not even some pointy-toed Italian numbers.) “She’s pretty, but I can’t take any more of this,” he thinks. “Hope she doesn’t key my car or call me crying fifteen times a day after I dump her.”

• nozknoz says:

Or perhaps just trying to imagine what it would feel like to walk in her shoes, literally. Seriously, what storyline could they have given him to elicit those faces? And how could they not have seen how ridiculous it looked and tried another approach?