Calvin Klein Reveal ~ new perfume

Calvin Klein Reveal

Calvin Klein will launch Reveal, a new fragrance for women, in September. Reveal is fronted by model Doutzen Kroes.

Reveal is an oriental fragrance. The notes include iodine accord, iris, solar amber, sandalwood and musk.

Calvin Klein Reveal will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via tendance-parfumstalkiesmagazine.be)

Update ~ A description from Vogue France: "With warm notes of ambregris and rich sandalwood, Calvin Klein's latest fragrance recalls hazy Summer sunsets and as the evening begins to cool, a touch of Cashmeran evokes the delicate warmth of a cashmere shawl upon the shoulders."

Another update: Women's Wear Daily lists Reveal as a solar oriental with raw salt, pink pepper, white pepper, black pepper, orris, ambergris, solar accord, sandalwood, cashmeran and vetiver.

1. pigoletto says:

Sounds bizarrely intriguing. Iodine accord? It almost sounds like it will be a marine-woody rather than an oriental. Here’s to hoping it’s decent. CK have’nt really turned anything interesting out in years.

We shall see…I’m thinking it will be a slightly powdery “warm skin” sort of thing.

• sayitisntso says:

I think of a salty, briny, mineral note when I hear that. Time will tell what they mean by it but truth be told, CK has released anything even remotely interesting in years.

• scentfromabove says:

I agree. Haven’t really been impressed with anything they have put out lately.

• pyramus says:

CK has launched a staggering FORTY scents in the last five years, nearly all flankers, and not one worth smelling more than once as far as I can tell. The last good thing they did was Secret Obsession, in 2008, and that wasn’t even great, just pretty good.

2. APassionateJourney says:

HOW did I know that was Charlie Hunnam from the back?! Tsk, tsk, tsk :)

Can’t wait to smell this!

LOL…seriously, how did you? I’m assuming we’ll see his front in the commercial.

• APassionateJourney says:

That pic prompted me to YouTube the commercial. That’s where they show his face! :)

LOL…and I’d totally forgotten I already saw it…the peeping tom one, right?

3. des esseintes says:

Oh…I was getting ready to write somethink snide about Mr. losing track of the zeitgeist, but this sounds interesting. It’s been a long time sinse I saw a new perfume described as strictly ‘oriental’. It’s allways a subcategory like fruity, woody or floriental.
    I know of one other perfume with an iodine accord, the heady, opulent Nuit de Noel.

4. rebeccat94 says:

This one sounds interesting. The bottle isn’t my favorite, but I think Doutzen looks beautiful in the ad! I am kind of looking forward to smelling it.

5. des esseintes says:

If I recall correctly Intuition also had a ‘solar accord’ and another lah-de-dah amber accord. Whatever it is, they seem to recycle accords.

6. eswift83 says:

I used to love some of the CK offerings back in the day… CK1 was an early one for me, and Truth was great also; too bad that one’s been discontinued. This one sounds worth checking out!

• theluscioushellcat says:

Truth was brilliant.

Wish they had tried harder with Downtown.

7. Celestia says:

I think the bottle is imaginative and modern, true to Calvin Klein’s minimalist design aesthetic. Slightly reminiscent of ones by Ybry and Karl Lagerfeld, it’ll be interesting to see how they open.

8. mel says:

I got to smell this yesterday and got a sample to try. I really like it. It is different than most oriental smells that I have tried. I am glad that there is no patchouli in it- as this tends to not agree with my chemistry. This to me, is a comfort scent. It reminds me of the beach on a cool evening with a cozy fire. I hope when I wear my sample that it will become a staple in my collection.