Tuesday scent of the day 7/1

Double T bracelet by Tom Ford

Can you believe it's July already? I hate how the summer whips past. But do tell us your fragrance of the day!

I'm wearing a tiny dab of Tom Ford White Patchouli.

Reminder: on Friday, July 4th, wear something by a US-based brand. The following Friday, July 11, will be Flanker Friday: wear a flanker fragrance, and extra bonus points for wearing a flanker of a flanker!

And for those of you who like to plan ahead, see Scent of the day ~ Friday community projects 2014, where I'll try to always have the next six or seven weeks mapped out in advance.

Note: shown is the Double T bracelet from Tom Ford, $3130.

1. solanace says:

SOTD is Hypnotic Poison, perfect for the cool and sunny day we are having.

Love Hypnotic Poison. Wish it would get another flanker.

• perthgirl says:

Have you tried the edp Robin? I love HP except for the play-doh note, and HP edp, sans play-doh, is exactly how I wished the edt smelled.

I still have not! Don’t think it ever got distributed in the US at all, or if it did, not anyplace I shop.

• perthgirl says:

I think they had one for a brief time before, but now have added a new version to the collection.

2. Coumarin says:

Wow, jealous of your White Patchouli, Robin!

My boyfriend and I moved into a new place and so far we’re miserable! I major plumbing issue caused our kitchen to flood, our hot water isn’t working, and our A/C is out. Talk about stress. I’m wearing L’Ambre des Merveilles to keep me calm.

I do not own it, just a sample! And took me an age to find it this morning.

Oh gosh, so sorry. Hope you will get it all worked out asap…

• Coumarin says:

Still, you smell great. I preferred WP dabbed anyway.

The flooding is fixed but the rest is still being worked on. Keeping sane, somehow.

• Sapphire says:

Good luck with the repairs. Water issues are the worst.

• Coumarin says:

It’s always a shock to see how far water travels! Thank you for your well-wishing.

3. relleric says:

SOTD is Angel Ice Men (Mugler).

Reminds me I’m looking forward to the A*Men Wood thing, that I’ve already forgotten the name of (unless that’s the real name).

4. melissa says:

Jardins d’Ecrivains Wilde — great for the monstrous furnace of heat and humidity that is a DC July.

I remember well. It’s only slightly better here in PA.

• nozknoz says:

Only 62 days until meteorological fall!

5. Janice says:

Iris Pallida. I have a couple of meetings at work and I wanted something that isn’t overpowering, but is present enough that I’m aware of it. I’m hoping one of us—me or my perfume—will project an aura of competence!

• SophieC says:

That is such a beautiful perfume and perfect for big meeting IMO

• Nightingale says:

I hope the meetings go/went well!!

6. ihadanidea says:

I’ve doused myself in Bvlgari Eau Parfumee The Vert to cope with the heat, and I’m loving it even in the air conditioning. So refreshing, especially since it lives in the refrigerator.

7. nebbe says:

Chanel Beige today.

Last night was my first time sampling Guerlain Spiriteuse (sp…) doubl vanille. AMAZING. Loved it. Want want want.

8. pyramus says:

A little spritz of CSP Vanille Orange. Creamsicle, basically. Fresher than you would think and wonderful in the heat.

9. bastet says:

I have a mini of Hermes Eau des Merveilles and am trying it out today in the heat. It smells great, and what a cute little asymmetrical bottle. I even received a compliment from a co-worker (unusual because I usually use so little perfume in the office).

• eswift83 says:

Ooh, I love that one!

• trixiesweet says:

I have Eau des Merveilles but have never worn it in the heat. I will give it a shot this week.

• yukiej says:

Scent twins! I am also jealous that you were able to find the mini in the asymmetrical bottle! :) I was happy to find a travel size spray, but it is in a regular tall cylindrical bottle.

10. SophieC says:

Today is So Pretty by Cartier. It reminds me in a tangental way of Parfum de Therese, which was yesterday’s – albeit SP is lighter, as befits the name I suppose!

11. rebeccat94 says:

SOTD is a heavy dose of Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

12. Squirrely says:

I’m wearing Lush’s Breath of God. It’s so funky.

Thanks for all the birthday well wishes yesterday – made me smile!

13. CM says:

Today is PdN L’eau a al Folie. Perfect for a hot day… too bad I’m cooped up in the office.

14. floragal says:

Back to PdN’s L’Eau a la Folie, and my husband approved ;)
    So enjoy the fruit in this one.. and the moss-y note too.

15. teri says:

Love the bracelet! (but waaaay out of my price range) I’ll be watching for a lower-priced similar one, though.

A dive into the untried sample box today yielded Imperial Santal from Micallef. It’s a good deal more masculine than what I ordinarily wear, but like any good perfumista, that never stops me. It cooled down today – only in the 70s – so the sandalwood isn’t as odd a choice for a summer scent as it might ordinarily have been.

Sorry I missed the birthday announcement yesterday…but happy belated birthday, Squirrely! Hope it was a grand (and well-perfumed) day for you.

• Kelly Red says:

I love the bracelet too! I adore cuff styles and this is very sculptural. Yikes on the price, especially since I do like Diana V’s double cuff look LOL I wear very simple clean lined clothes and tend to go crazy for the accessories. But not crazy enough to buy TWO of these.

16. sacre bleu says:

My beloved (and now discontinued) Gucci Envy.

17. foxbins says:

I wanted iris today and I have a bunch to choose from, but I went with Carner Barcelona D600. So nice!

• eswift83 says:

I’m a big iris fan as well, but haven’t heard of that particular one… is it similar to any other iris perfumes?

• foxbins says:

People have compared it to Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense, but I have not smelled either of those. It opens with citrus and then becomes a rooty, powdery iris with vanilla, cedar, vetiver, and spice. Stronger than Prada Infusion d’Iris and with better longevity on me.

• Kelly Red says:

My SOTD is iris also! SL Silver Iris Mist, a lovely sample from a friend. It is cool in MN today and it smells divine.

• Coumarin says:

I wish it was cool here in Texas, but I actually love ISM in the heat! It’s almost like a cooling, well, mist.

• flannery says:

I love this one, but I really don’t get iris from it, iris fan that I am. To me it is more citrus green wood and completely gorgeous.

18. eswift83 says:

The Different Company Osmanthus. It’s sparkling as usual!

• flannery says:

It is a lovely one but sadly lacking in longevity on me :(

19. perthgirl says:

My SOTD is some recently acquired Givenchy Oblique Rewind. (contemplating confessing to Donatella but so far way too scared! Lol)
    The official notes include pistachio, cherry (tobacco) bergamot, honey, jasmine amber and woods, but to me it hits me straight up as immortelle. It is nice but I need to spend some more time with it.
    SOTE is Amaranthine. Thinking of getting a back-up as I’d hate to be without this- it gets a lot of wear.
    Funny how I always considered myself as preferring certain scent groups but when I look at what I wear most often, it’s not those groups so much.

• AnnieA says:

I wonder whether since there are a few candidates for your, say, jasmine day they cancel one another out and you go for the unique item.

• perthgirl says:

I’m afraid it’s the other way around! I like to see myself as all abstract and interesting with leathers and dark weird stuff, but in reality my go-to’s are cozier or lighter and fresher and far more easy going

20. trixiesweet says:

SOTD was Silences – can’t get enough of it lately.

You know, at first I read the price of that Tom Ford bracelet as $313 and I actually considered saving up for it. Then I spotted the missing digit in the end!

21. hajusuuri says:

SOTD = Providence Perfume Co. Samarinda

I am continuing my week of the Americans theme!

It’s a natural perfume that starts off strong. I used 2 1/2 spritzes from the manufacturer’s travel atomizer and I think I could have used one more full spritz. It was nice while it lasted (~ 5 hours).

22. egabbert says:

Can’t believe, don’t want to.

I’m wearing Divine L’Inspiratrice. Starts off as a patchouli bomb, but after a bit it kind of reminds me of a cherry snowcone?!

23. Nightingale says:

I have been counting down to summer since January, and now that it’s here I’m feeling so gleeful with the long, sunny days. I’ll have to see how I feel in August when I’m on the other end of summer.

Bronze Goddess – it just feel perfect for this gorgeous day.

24. scentfromabove says:

Hi Robin. White Patchouli sounds really nice. I love Tom Ford. I think I’m saving his fragrance until Friday.
    My SOTD is “A Shot of Oud Over Mango” by Jo Loves. Its quite an interesting fragrance. The notes are fantastic with the mango bursting out. This is one of those fragrances that is considering unisex, but I feel its more on the masculine side. I wouldn’t purchase a FB of it, but wouldn’t be mad if it was given to me as a gift.
    Have a Terrific Tuesday Everyone!

25. flannery says:

I’m one of those who counts the days till Summer leaves! LOL

But I’ll try to make the best of it while it is here with its heat, bugs and crankiness so today it is the gorgeous Flowerhead and seems perfect here in the air conditioning ;)

• scentfromabove says:

Ha! Flannery, I was just trying to calculate how many more days of heat we have to endure. I went to the doctor today and everyone in the parking lot was complaining about how hot it is! I’m sure it is close to 100 degrees today! Geeesshh!

26. Bee says:

Today I needed my tough cookie scent, so 31 rue Cambon it was! I still think I didn’t manage to convince our local politicians of the advantages of our project proposal, but at least I smelled great :-)

27. Parley says:

Sotd was l’Artisan Parfumeur Mechant loup because I was very peeved in the morning, which was drizzly and cold. I tried to do my best major Kusanagi impression to bully the annoying parts of my day away!
    As the day went on I felt a lot less méchante and topped it off with Bvlgari Black which ends up a very cozy vanilla after just a few minutes on my skin, with just wafts of smoke. Probably gonna add some Lush Vanillary solid perfume for the night for ultimate cozy.

28. sweetgrass says:

SOTD is Arquiste Boutonniere no. 7

29. kate says:

SOTD is Tom Ford Sahara Noir. I Love it and managed to pick up a brand new bottle on ebay for only £60! It arrived today:)) Even though its quite full on it seems to go well with the lovely warm weather we’re having in the UK at the moment – so far so lovely!

30. Jonette says:

We are having the weirdest summer, here in Holland. Lots of cool (sometimes chilly) days with wind and/or rain, and then hot days or just one hot day in between. Every other person has a cold, and the unpredictable weather with no transitions is most likely to blame. It’s been cool and rainy but is now warming up again. So while it is still reasonably temperate, my SOTD was Lady Vengeance all morning, followed by Montale Black Aoud. Friday is expected to be HOT! Then, it’s going to start cooling off again. Strange.

31. Laila says:

A pool and swim day for me, now I’m enjoying one of Yves Rocher’s annual LE fruity summer scents (like Escada’s). I have several and they’re enjoyable to spritz like a body spray. My favorite is the Green Summer I’m wearing today, a burst of citrus (lime, clementine, orange) but the mango is the standout in this, making it very refreshing and enjoyable!

32. Isabella says:

Today’s scent was Agonist Black Amber, which got walloped mid-morning by a necessary sunscreen application. That happened to be the exact moment the fog burned off, and I’d specifically chosen that perfume because its cozy, warm-smoke-on-cool-stones character was a good match for a mild, foggy morning, so the scent transition worked well! (Though the sunscreen smelled like blah…)

33. farouche says:

Finished up a small sample of Diptyque Vetyverio, and although I liked it in the heat, it didn’t seem to last too long.

Am wondering if it is worth trying to find a travel size or purchase a larger decant.

• missionista says:

If you are in or near NYC, Diptyque have a sample sale once a year. Might be worth waiting for that…

34. missionista says:

This morning I put on Philosykos–I must have applied too sparingly, since it was gone by lunch. So I sprayed Orange Sanguine rather heavily after that (inspired by the recent fruity Friday SOTD), and traces are still with me.

35. lupo says:

Always late to the party – but it’s a Infusion d’Homme day. Incredibly hot where I live, and Prada performs beautifully.
    Have a good day one and all