Burberry My Burberry ~ new fragrance

Kate Moss and Cara Delevingne

Burberry will launch My Burberry, a new floral fragrance fronted by models Kate Moss and Cara Delevingne. Burberry designer Christopher Bailey calls it "a trenchcoat in a bottle".

My Burberry was developed by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian, who noted the fragrance's London inspirations:

You have the vibrancy of the city, so it is something contemporary. You have the garden. You have the flowers…and the art of gardening, which is very important for the British. The flowery aspect of the perfume comes from that idea of the garden after the rain. You have the lush wetness. You have the soil. You have the earthiness. All of these feelings.

The notes include bergamot, sweet pea, geranium, golden quince, freesia, patchouli and rose.

Burberry My Burberry will debut in September, in 30, 50, 90 and 900 (yep) ml Eau de Parfum and in matching body products. I will update with an image of the bottle when I can.

(via wwd)

1. kindcrow says:

Nice to see someone who hasn’t overplucked their brows. Shades of Ms. Shields.

Agree, although there’s something odd about seeing their very different eyebrows in that image — makes Cara’s brows really pop out in a way they don’t usually!

2. Jonette says:

I’m hoping this is not a sign of things to come! I just received an upmarket clothing catalog and almost all the models had heavy (perhaps eyebrow-pencill-enchanced) brows.

I have yet to meet a Kurkdjian fragrance I dislike. Oh, wait a minute… I didn’t like Lumiere Noir. But I’ll give anything by him a sniff.

Did you like Lanvin Rumeur? (I didn’t, so much so that years later it still sticks in my mind)

• Jonette says:

I haven’t tried that, Robin. (I’ve never even heard of it.)

Ah, was just curious! But so you might yet meet more you don’t like :-)

3. Jonette says:

ignore typos/spelling errors. My computer has a mind of its own!

4. The Notes Sound Marvellous! Anything with Freesia And/Or Rose I am on Board for. Just cannot stand that Rat-Faced Twit Kate Moss… URGH Just GO AWAY, KATE! Never come back! Also, as much as I like the sound of the fragrance, The Bottle is the Epitome of Meh!

• Jonette says:

Haha! I’m not crazy about Kate Moss, either.

BTW, what’s up with Claudia Schiffer these days? She’s advertising every other product on (Dutch) TV these days, from hair color to automobiles. I’ve always liked her, but this is a bit of overkill. She dropped out of the spotlight for years, but what a comeback!

• hajusuuri says:

Maybe her hourly rate had dropped and since her face is quite recognizable, it’s a bargain for the advertisers?

The bottle is surprisingly dull, in the one picture I’ve seen.

5. TheNaughtyProf. says:

Nice Ad….. Simple & very elegant…. In true Brit taste!