Katy Perry Royal Revolution ~ new perfume

Katy Perry Royal Revolution

Katy Perry has launched Killer Queen's Royal Revolution, a new flanker to 2013's Killer Queen. Royal Revolution is a floral fragrance, and follows Killer Queen Oh So Sheer, which launched in January.

Katy Perry Royal Revolution is inspired by the beauty and strength of a precious Blue Diamond. This Killer Queen is destined to lead a Royal Revolution; a Royal with the scent of victory, a new sensibility, a wild way of holding court with rebellion on her mind and defiance on her playful lips.

The notes feature pink freesia, blackthorn, pomegranate, orange blossom, sandalwood, jasmine, leather, skin musk and vanilla orchid.

Katy Perry Killer Queen's Royal Revolution is available now at Ulta, in 50 or 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Matching body products are also available.

(via ulta, additional information via katyperry.coty.irisny)

Update: Royal Revolution was developed by perfumer Pierre Negrin. It will also be sold in 15 and 30 ml.

1. VeraJayne says:

The bottle is pretty in blue. Not crazy about freesia. Not as sweet as the others? I bet it is lol. Thanks

2. Merlin says:

I do think Beyonce’s Pulse, with its note of blue curacoa liqueur, made the most of blue. This one looks nice, but the color is a bit arbitrary .

• VeraJayne says:

How? People judge perfume by
      The bottle, the color of the juice, the smell etc. All sorts of reasons. Pink Shalimar?

• Merlin says:

What I meant is that none of the notes sound ‘blue’ to me. There is no fresh or marine aspect… But granted the coloring is often arbitrary. I was just really commenting on the suitability if the Beyonce one!

And I see now in the copy that the link is a ‘blue diamond’, so I guess there is a tentative one:)

The color of Shalimar actually reminds me of plush velvet pink furniture – somehow it recalls the ‘boudoir’. There I would say its about sensuality, intimacy and luxury.

The colors are often arbitrary…

• Merlin says:

True enough!

• VeraJayne says:

Shalimar reminds me or saphire duchess satin and liquid gold