Chanel 1932, Beige & Jersey in Extrait

Chanel 1932, Beige & Jersey Extrait

Later this month, Chanel will launch three of the fragrances in the Les Exclusifs collection in a new Extrait (Parfum) concentration. The fragrances, 1932, Beige and Jersey, were previously available only in Eau de Toilette.

All three fragrances are new interpretations, with an emphasis on quality materials that reveal 'new facets' of the original compositions.

1932, Beige and Jersey will be €185 each for 15 ml. Existing Parfums in the collection include the classic fragrances Bois des Iles, Cuir de Russie, Gardénia and Chanel No. 22.

I do not know the expected US prices, but the current exchange rate for €185 is about $250; Bois des Iles, Cuir de Russie, Gardénia and Chanel No. 22 are currently $200 each for 15 ml.

(via abc-luxemadame.lefigaro.fr)

1. C.H. says:

Kinda wish I had some Gardenia in extrait! But that is neither here nor there.

And now I can’t remember if I tried it. I think I did. But Bois des Iles in extrait is my favorite, and the only one I own…just glorious.

2. Abyss says:

I’d much rather they brought out La Pausa in EDP.

I’ll vote for that! Surprised these were the 3…hard to believe they’re the best sellers, although I’ve been surprised before :-)

• Omega says:

I am also surprised, no Sycomore, no Coromandel, Rue Cambon.

3. Kankuro says:

*SIGH* It seems like the more commercial fragrances of the Les Exclusifs line are getting this special treatment of becoming Extrait. None of these strike me as exceptionally beautiful. If only Coromandel or 31 rue Cambon would be available as Extrait…

Is Jersey that commercial? I would not have thought it a big seller.

• Omega says:

Me either

• Kankuro says:

Well, at least to me Jersey seems rather sheer and not very challenging. It’s a clean and floral lavender/iris/white musk combination. Compared to the other fragrances of the Les Exclusifs collection, these three are the most commercial ones. Of course they are not as commercial as Chance or Coco Mademoiselle!

I guess that’s true. My favorites (28 La Pausa & Bel Respiro) aren’t really very challenging either, hadn’t really thought of it as a challenging line.

4. Lucy says:

I’ve always liked Beige. I don’t own any but it’s been on my wish list for years. It just struck me as a really nice everyday scent that would work for dressing up too. And I was so excited about the extrait, until I saw the price. For $250 I can get something else. A few something elses.

5. Omega says:

Oh boy, how I would LOVE to sniff Beige, omgosh! And what the heck, 1932 as well!

6. puhfume says:

I’m looking forward to trying Beige and 1932. I did not love Jersey although I thought it was quite easy to wear.
    If I had my way, it’d be Sycomore and 31 RC coming out in extrait. But hey, for that kind of price, I’m glad Chanel didn’t give me a temptation to purchase another bottle. Even the EDTs are getting much more expensive nowadays, compared to when I purchased my first Les Exclusifs two years ago. Sigh.

• Lucy says:

The increase in edt price each year has been ridiculous. Weren’t the small bottles around $110 when they first became available? Now they’re $160! They’re going up by at least $10 a year. It won’t be long before a small bottle costs what the big bottle used to.

• Lucy says:

I underestimated. I just looked at Angelas review of 1932, written in January of 2013. The small edt was $130. In 13 months they’ve raised the price by $30.

7. Merrily Row says:

I would love to own Coromandel in extrait. Anything to make it last a bit longer.

8. Sapphire says:

Would love to try La Pausa in extrait. Might try to smell the 1932 extrait before we move to Arkansas, though. I will really miss being near Dallas and being able to just go to a store to sniff some of the high-end things. I guess I will just have to order a lot more samples.

OT, I did refrain in the end from getting Atelier Silver Iris. The SA at NM sent me a sample, and after several wearings, decided it was too sweet. Am wearing VCA Bois d’Iris for comparison, and it really is seeming just right today. I had to put Neutrogena Norwegian formula on my hands because of washing them so much at work, and there is something about it that tones down a slightly sour/sharp edge to the Bd’I (the vetiver?) and makes it really soft and nice. Brings the iris out a little more. Meanwhile, am going to just test other irises. I need to test Hiris and compare to La Pausa and No 19 Poudre. Any thoughts from anyone on this?

9. Andreea says:

Wanted just to check the price. The worst thing about it – I am not even shocked; it’s not that expensive. The extraits from Chanel (Allure, Coco Mademoiselle) are around 90Euro for 7,5ml. And they are not exclusive (still nice!)
    I have tried just one of the Les Exclusifs and I would recognize it again, but EauMyGod I think it’s only Chanel and not quite worth it.