Scented gloves from Agnelle + Guerlain

Agnelle + Guerlain scented gloves

French glovemakers Agnelle have partnered with Guerlain to offer two styles of scented gloves made in cooperation with Guerlain perfumer Thierry Wasser.

Le Gant (glove) La Petite Robe Noire (shown above left) ~ an indented style with a white bow, scented with a blend of black cherry, rose and patchouli inspired by La Petite Robe Noire. €330.

Gant (glove) du Parfumeur ~ a jeweled glove scented with a blend of peach, spices and woods inspired by Mitsouko. €500.

The gloves are available from the Guerlain store at 68 Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris.

(via abc-luxeladepeche.fr)

1. Zazie says:

I am not against the idea of scented leather gloves… but I could never wear them: I often touch my face and “scented hands” lean closer to “headache day” than “glamourous lady” in my book.
    I hate when perfume spills on my fingers, for example! Am I the only one? Wrists are ok, but fingers are off limits for perfume as far as I am concerned!

I don’t wear gloves often enough to need them, but I perfume on my fingers doesn’t bother me I guess!

• Sajini says:

I’m with you on not scenting the hand area. Too much danger of getting something in my eyes or poisoning the cat. I do like the idea of scented jewelry, though. Chanel 19 smells amazing on metal jewelry.

2. melisand61 says:

I love them in theory, but I don’t know if I would be able to bring myself to wear them. They would probably sit in a box, in a darkened closet. Like my most treasured vintage bottles. What a waste that would be!

Especially at these prices!

• Sajini says:

I’d rather spend the 500 euros on perfumes I actually like (ixnay on the itsoukomay) and spray them on whatever clothing items I damn well please.

• Omega says:

This, lol, +1.

The gloves with the bow are darned cute though. Clearly for the wealthy lady who has everything.

3. ringthing says:

Didn’t L’Artisan make scented gloves too, at one time? They seem the height of luxury to me but alas, I need a different life to go with them.

Yes, a couple years ago. Last time I checked there were still some on sale.

4. peter says:

Can’t wait for the Cool Water scented swimsuits!

5. AnnieA says:

Scented gloved were HUGE a couple of centuries ago! How things circle around.

6. pigoletto says:

I remember a passage about musk-scented gloves in Zola’s Au Bonheur des Dames – something about a disturbing but addictive scent, like a stag rutting in a box of face powder. I’ve got a pair of elbow length black leather gloves, think I might go give them a misting of Bois des Iles, let them dry and see if the leather retains the scent for a while!