L’Artisan Parfumeur Haute Voltige, Rappelle-Toi & Onde Sensuelle ~ new fragrances

L'Artisan Parfumeur Haute Voltige

L’Artisan Parfumeur will launch Haute Voltige, Rappelle-Toi and Onde Sensuelle, three new fragrances joining the Explosions d'Emotions collection (see Skin on Skin, Amour Nocturne and Déliria). The fragrances were developed by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour.

Haute Voltige (shown) ~ with notes of peony and pomegranate.

Rappelle-Toi ~ gardenia, Sichuan pepper, musks, sandalwood and honey.

Onde Sensuelle ~ ginger, saffron, cumin, juniper berries and cardamom.

L’Artisan Parfumeur Haute Voltige, Rappelle-Toi and Onde Sensuelle will launch in May, in 125 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via fashioninsight.co.uk)

1. perthgirl says:

Onde Sensuelle sounds interesting, none of the others- or their price- has really garnered my interest. Some new releases in the main line to replace the discontinued ones would be nice..

Rapelle-Toi could be interesting. Would like to see a complete list of notes for Haute Voltige — peony & pomegranate does not sound exciting.

• perthgirl says:

You’re right, I think I just looked at the first one and my eyes glazed over- lol

2. Carolyn says:

Oh how I miss L’Artisan actually having a London store – there used to be a few, then they consolidated into one location in Covent Garden (which is now a Penhaligon’s, despite there already being a Penhaligon’s in Wellington Street in Covent Garden – keep wondering how long both will remain open!) which was a lovely space with great staff. I know Harrods, Selfridges, SpaceNK, John Lewis etc stock a limited range, but it’s not the same.

Same in NY. The parent company is definitely giving more support to Penhaligon’s than L’Artisan.

3. Daisy says:

Peony and pomegranate sounds a bit sparse…..but the other two “sound” good— unfortunately the first three sounded interesting too and all three were so very meh. Make that MEH (all caps)

I think L’Artisan should just bring back some discontinued treasures like Orchidee Blanche and Oeillet Sauvage and people would be a lot happier. (At least I’d be happier…..and that’s what’s important, right?)

I’m sure it’s just a short list & there’s more to the scent than that. Agree, they were meh.

And of course it is what matters!

• Daisy says:

yeah….validation….that’s what I like! ;)

4. Omega says:

I am losing interest in this house. That’s all I got, lol.

• Lucy says:

+ 1

I wish somebody would buy them. Hate to see them falter…

5. thegoddessrena says:

Rappelle-Toi sounds like a definite must-sniff since I love gardenias but I’m hoping the new Cartier La Panthere will satisfy that urge since it’s a bit cheaper

6. nozknoz says:

Those 125-ml bottles again – I don’t care how good these are, L’AP has lost me.

• AnnieA says:

Also, these the are folks who’ve also done a big boost to the prices, along with the big bottles, yes?

• C.H. says:

Yeah. The bottles increased in size by 25% but the prices went up ~90%.

• C.H. says:

Ah, actually, it looks like these won’t be quite as expensive as the first round of Explosions fragrances–Victoria’s announcement mentions the price as 140Euro (http://boisdejasmin.com/2014/02/lartisan-explosions-demotions-haute-voltige-rappelle-toi-onde-sensuelle.html) whereas the first group were 165Euro. What that’ll translate into in dollars is another question–I hadn’t realized ’til now that, unlike their regular line which seems to be priced pretty close to the exchange rate (100Euro or 145USD for Dzing, e.g.), the Explosion series has thus far been significantly marked up for the US market at least (165 x1.45 would be $240 not $280…)

These decisions are so mysterious to me!

7. hajusuuri says:

And I didn’t care enough about the line to do the math…