Scratch ‘n sniff jeans, part 2

Naked Famous mint-scented jeans

Naked & Famous Denim has followed up on their 2012 Scratch-n-Sniff Raspberry Scented Denim with new mint-scented jeans for men (and the pair shown on the right, by the way, are coated with teflon to resist stains).

"Our new WeirdGuy Jeans smell like mint whenever you scratch them," said [sales manager] Bahzad Trinos. "This way if your girlfriend complains about stinky jeans, give em a scratch and the refreshing scent of mint will fill the air."

The baked-in microcapsules last through about 10 washes; the jeans cost about $160.

(quote via SS14 PREVIEW: NAKED & FAMOUS at capsule, image and additional information via wired, found via CPL Aromas at Twitter)

1. Omega says:

I’d save 160 bucks and get mint gum, good enough.

But you’d be without pants ;-)

• prism says:

wouldn’t that be the ideal situation tho? hahaha

• Marjorie Rose says:

Fresh breath and pantsless–sounds like the start of a good evening to me! ;)

• Omega says:

You guys are so silly, haha.

• PekeFan says:

You could probably buy enough gum to stick all over your legs to look like pants and still have a lot of change from $160.00.

2. platinum14 says:

Again… WHY?

Hey, why not? If I was buying jeans and scented ones didn’t cost extra, I’d buy them! But not with mint or raspberry, admittedly. Surprised none of the designer brands have tried scratch ‘n sniff clothing with their own perfumes…a Prada Candy t-shirt would sell, I bet!

3. Karin says:

Well, I do have to say that cotton jeans with spandex in them have a really horrible smell. Not that I want to mask that with raspberry or mint! But there is definitely a scent issue with some types of jeans (and I’m talking washed and clean, not dirty).

Wow, do they?? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed.

4. Kelly Red says:

LOL, can’t…..stop…..wait wait I have to catch my breath….laughing! OMG, the idea of this is hilarious. I can only picture a parent standing on the porch as their teen age son comes home from his date and them asking, “why do I smell mint young man?”

5. Thalia says:

You know what they should sell? Scented scarves. I would buy a Prada Candy scarf in a second! Well, it would probably cost $500 so I wouldn’t — but I would want it desperately.

6. Holly says:

AND … this guy has a girlfriend? Naked & Famous Denim has missed an even more lucrative tie-in. How about also offering a discount on a lobotomy for the woman in your life as a loyalty reward? Now THAT’S romantic.

• Kelly Red says:

I know! If I had a boyfriend who wore jeans that smelled so bad I complained about them (stinky jeans) we’ve got more serious issues. And a little mint isn’t going to fix that problem LOL

• Holly says:

What’s great about this product is that it eliminates any complaints about stinky jeans! Then all you need to do is determine who will keep track of the ten times they’re washed.

7. Oakland Fresca says:

All I can think of is one of those evolution charts in reverse… with the last figure a small monkey scratching and sniffing, scratching and sniffing…