Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire ~ new fragrance

Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire

Thierry Mugler will launch Alien Eau Extraordinaire, a new flanker to 2005's Alien fragrance. Other recent variations on Alien include Alien Essence Absolue, Alien Liqueur de Parfum and Alien Aqua Chic.

Introducing the new Alien Eau Extraordinaire, a luminous floral fragrance with an incandescent freshness. A delicate fusion of fresh Tunisian neroli and bergamot tea notes enriched with the irresistible and sensual notes of tiare flower and the deep notes of white amber. A fragrance that conveys a feeling of happiness and serenity to all women.

Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire will be available in 60 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via garden.co.uk)

Update: Alien Eau Extraordinaire is a lighter, more subtle version of Alien. It was developed by perfumers Véronique Nyberg and Dominique Ropion. It will also be in 90 ml; it is due to launch in April but is already for sale in some stores, including Debenhams in the UK.

Another update: additional notes include cashmeran and heliotrope. In the US, it will be exclusive to Saks for one month before going into full distribution in April.

1. jovejove says:

In Canada, it’s supposed to launch with a limited edition nail polish.

Thanks! Maybe it will here too, haven’t seen much info on it yet.

• jovejove says:

I can’t really disclose much about what’s happening with Mugler this year, other than there’s going to be a lot more exciting stuff coming. This is going to be a big launch this year, but it’s not the biggest ;) More exciting things are coming!

2. happy888cat says:

Oh mmm white amber and tea :) The notes sound wonderful. Thank god for not being an EdT.
    I do wish however that they do something with Womanity. Its actually my favourite of the trio. I know it’s a smaller market but why are they just giving it up? I think it’s got quite some potential for great flankers. :(

Not at all sure they’ve given it up…they did two flankers for it last year (Aqua Chic & Liqueur) and two in 2012, that’s only slightly less than they did for Alien, which does undoubtedly have a larger following.

• happy888cat says:

I really hope so. I guess I just wished if it had more love and affection. There is this little paranoid part of me worrying that it will sudden get discontinued. (I really over thought this didn’t I? :P)

TM is way better than most brands about giving fragrances a chance to find an audience, but even they do eventually discontinue things that don’t sell. So not sure what to say except keep a bottle on hand just in case!

• Nightingale says:

Saw one lone bottle of Womanity at TJ Maxx this week. Wasn’t ready to blind buy and didn’t want to sneak a spray, and when reading about it later that day the notes of caviar kept me away. Thinking now that I should go back and see if it’s still there…

• Dilana says:

This is actually a reply to Nightingale
            I have one of the refill sizes and love this fragance. I better get myself to TJ Max

There is no real caviar note. That was just a fancy way of saying “salty.” It’s a salty fig fragrance. It layers beautifully with rose scents.

• Nightingale says:

Now I really want to get back there! I love fig scents, and am wearing a rose scent for the first time today! Coincidence?…I think not! :-)

• Oakland Fresca says:

It’s my favorite of the three as well! But I still choke on the name. After all this time, it still sounds like a feminine hygiene line to me. Love the bottle though!

• jovejove says:

This spring is not going to have much of a focus on Womanity. There are plenty of gifts for it right now, but to my understanding, it is on trend as to what they initially expected from it. It has a decent following and recently has been added to the source, so I wouldn’t worry about it. I love the scent myself and don’t see that happening anytime soon.

3. Omega says:

What is white amber? Like white musk amber? Besides Alien, I have yet to find a TM scent I like. Maybe I will like this one, who knows. I do really like the bottle from that pic, purdy.

No such thing exists in nature — probably just means a clean amber accord.

• Omega says:

Yes, but how do they ‘clean’ it up I wonder? That sounds boring to me a bit..I do like a strong, thick, amber.

Amber is an accord…you could make that accord less skanky/dirty. But don’t think it’s necessarily meaningful that they called it white amber, other than that I doubt this will be a strong, thick, amber, and that would probably be true even if they called it black amber.

4. mmjunkie says:

Oh my, I can’t wait to try this. Not a fan of the original, but I actually purchased the flanker Alien Essence Absolue. I hope in this one the Tiare flower notes are well done.

• jovejove says:

It will recognizably be in the same family as Alien EDP, but at the same time be very different.

• Icedcaramellatte says:

I didn’t like the original either but I have already bought 2 Flankers – Liqueur and Tastes of. I hope to get Alien Essence Absolue soon too. I responded to the Tiare note too. I can’t wait to try this one.

5. spuggy says:

They are launching the 60ml eau de toilette in the UK on 27 Feb ( I have an advance bottle)