Bunch o’ limited edition collector bottles 2014, part 1

More limited edition collector fragrance bottles, with the usual disclaimers: in most of these cases, the juice is unchanged, just the bottle is “special” (or not, as the case may be), and some of these may not be available in the US. Today's post includes a Chanel purse, Art Editions of Yves Saint Laurent's L'Homme series, a Valentine's Day edition of Repetto Le Parfum, the Marchesa Awards Season Collector’s Edition and special editions of Bond no. 9's I Love New York with heart-charm necklaces.

Chanel perspex perfume clutch, clearChanel perspex perfume clutch, black

Not perfumes, but worth seeing: the perspex "perfume" clutch bags from Chanel's Cruise Collection 2014 (see pictures here of Rihanna carrying both bags). Exclusive to Chanel boutiques, where they're reportedly around $9500. (via Harper's Bazaar at Facebook) If you missed them, see the similar styles by Charlotte Olympia here.

Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme, L'Homme Libre and La Nuit de L'Homme Art Editions

From Yves Saint Laurent, L'Homme, L'Homme Libre and La Nuit de L'Homme in Art Editions decorated by Norwegian artist Gardar Eide Einarsson. In 100 ml, due to launch in March.

Repetto Le Parfum Saint Valentin

From Repetto, the Saint Valentin edition of their debut fragrance, Repetto Le Parfum. In 50 ml Eau de Toilette at Sephora in France, €59.

Marchesa Awards Season Collector’s Edition

From Marchesa, the Marchesa Awards Season Collector’s Edition (it says 2013, but pretty sure it's for 2014 — you can see the 2013 edition here). "Experience the essence of red carpet glamour with this exclusive Awards Season Collector’s Edition fragrance. The bottle is enclosed in a specially designed, mirrored black jewelry box envisioned by Marchesa designers and founders, Georgina Chapman and Karen Craig, and is adorned with a limited-edition iris purple tassel,—an elegant ornament inspired by the brand’s hallmark haute couture gowns." $90 at Sephora in the US.

Bond no. 9 I Love New York for All with necklace

From Bond no. 9, a limited edition of I Love New York for All with a necklace featuring a black heart charm. There's also an edition of I Love New York for Her with a silver heart charm. Both are at Sephora in the US, $255 for 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

1. Omega says:

The Bond has me saying…why?? The YSLs are kinda cute I guess.

I like the YSLs, just don’t love the scents.

• kaos.geo says:

I like L’Homme Libre… maybe for a daytime/office scent…, its growing on me.. I might go for a full bottle next fall (march-april, here)

Hopefully you’ll find this bottle then…I think it’s quite nicely done.

• mutzi says:

Bond’s answer: so we can charge more.

2. martha24 says:

What is wrong with Chanel these days? Why are they doing purses for Rihanna? Where has all the understatement gone??? Why don’t they create a decent new perfume???

They’ve done some decent new perfumes, I think, although maybe not *fabulous* new perfumes, and nothing recent that’s going to be as iconic as their classics.

3. hajusuuri says:

Egads, I have to stop by the Chanel boutique to gawk at these. I wonder if they’ll let me touch one…with a white glove, perhaps?

LOL…let us know :-)

• hajusuuri says:

I just looked at the photos:
      1 = classy
      2 = trashy

Rihanna went for trashy.

Agree. Doubt Chanel was thrilled w/ the publicity, but you never know.

• Marjorie Rose says:

Yes, how odd is that to wear TWO of them? I am totally clueless about pop culture, but there’s something about Rhianna’s whole look there that reminds me of the girls back home (in my dinky little home town) whose parents suddenly won a prize at the local casino–that excessiveness without the constraint of good taste. . .

• TheSnailsPajamas says:

I saw a Paris fashion week pic last year of the cute and usually impeccably and interestingly dressed Miroslava Duma outside one of the shows – Chanel, presumably? and she was wearing two of the mini ‘Boy’ bags criss-crossed. It didn’t look trashy, but it looked a bit weird still. I’m not sure 2 bags at once are ever a ‘right’ look. Rihanna though – I’m not sure I’ve ever seen her in something that didn’t look like she ought to be charging by hour – couture or not.

4. megank4 says:

Do love those Chanel perfume bottle purses. Saw one in a fashion spread and wasn’t sure whether it was a one-off or not. Would consider buying one for the price of say 400€, but let’s face it, you can’t even get Chanel socks for that much.