Bond no. 9 Saks New York Oud ~ new fragrance

Bond no. 9 Saks New York Oud

Bond no. 9 has launched Saks New York Oud, a new limited edition fragrance exclusive to the flagship Saks Fifth Avenue store in New York. Saks New York Oud is not to be confused with Bond no. 9 New York Oud, which launched in 2011.

We like to think of it as dynamic self-assured smoothness bottled, with an adventurously creamy velvet texture, just for Saks Fifth Avenue.

Notes include saffron, nutmeg, rosewood, jasmine, amber, musk and vanilla.

Bond no. 9 Saks New York Oud is $405 for 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via Bond no. 9 at Facebook, additional information via wwd)

1. thegoddessrena says:

Gack, Gack, Gack. Are they serious on that price? Don’t think I’ve smelled a Bond No. 9 fragrance worth that much.

I think these store-exclusives sell as high end gifts, for the bottle as much as anything. Swarovski, you know.

• Omega says:

Don’t think I’ve smelled a No. 9 worth half that price.

2. lucasai says:

Do we need another Bond No. 9? No!
    Do we need another oud? No!

• Omega says:

+1 Lucas.

I did like the Andy Warhol series, too bad that’s over.

• relleric says:

The fragrances are there, although renamed, with the exception of the Andy Warhol (the one with his image on it), which has been discontinued, according to my trusty SA at my local S5A.

Yes, I know. But they’ve stopped making new ones, and IMHO they were more creative with this line than the regular.

• relleric says:

I totally agree. I waited too long to get Success Is A Job In New York, so I got the newly named version with the new label. It seems to smell the same, my god that is strong stuff!
            Was able to score a tester of Silver Factory, so I have two of the original series.

Lucky you. Silver Factory was my favorite.

3. TheSnailsPajamas says:

Who buys these ridiculous bling bottles? Real Housewives of Wherever? Trust fund teens? I really liked some of Bond’s past bottles (Andy Warhol line, Bleecker Street, Chinatown) but bedazzling everything just seems so tacky (don’t get me started on the Christmas LE pink monstrosity). Even things like the Micallef bottles aren’t great (the Ylang bottle isn’t terrible, but still…).

4. hajusuuri says:

I shudder whenever I pass by the Bond No. 9 counter at Saks. The SAs there are particularly snooty.