Balmain Extatic ~ new perfume

Balmain Extatic fragrance

Balmain will launch Extatic, a new fragrance for women, in January. The brand's most recent launch was Eau d'Ivoire, introduced earlier this year.

Extatic was developed by perfumer Émilie Coppermann. Notes for the oriental fragrance include crystalline rose, nashi pear, osmanthus, Sharry Baby orchid, iris, jasmine, amyris, cashmere wood and leather.

Balmain Extatic will be available in 40, 60 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via diarydirectory, fashionmonitor)

Update: the description from Harrod's...

Provocative, daring and unquestionably on trend, Extatic is perfectly poised for the fashion addict. This delicious floriental fragrance boldly captures the aristo-rock ethos of the Balmain Fashion house.

1. COSMICSCENTS says:

What a nicely done bottle!Good name also, I must have it!:)

Like the bottle, hate the font they’ve used for the name.

• kaos.geo says:

Robin, you wrote my exact thoughts.
        Also to me,that font is retro in the ugliest way… as in cheap retro LOL

2. Gloria Scentsation says:

Hello NST People – delurking after a few years of following your posts avidly. And Balmain Extatic has made me do it – good grief. Anyway just to say I did a double take when I saw this – looks like Modern Muse ? With notes like those mentioned I fear it will be one spritz only and I will move away from the SA.

Hi and welcome!

Could be a sweet bomb, hard to say. But osmanthus + bit of chocolate immediately reminded me of Fendi Theorema, so we’ll see…I do wish somebody would do a dupe of Theorema.

• annemarie says:

Especially if Fendi would do a dupe of Theorema. Not much to ask is it?

• scentfromabove says:

Hi Gloria Scentsation,
      I was just thinking the same thing (it reminds me of the Modern Muse bottle). Not really sure how all these notes would work together, but I’m not really into the masculine-type fragrances. I would think the cashmere wood and leather would bring that masculine side out.

3. Abyss says:

In case anyone was wondering, Sharry Baby smells of chocolate.

I should have included that, sorry! I googled it right away.

4. Toyboy says:

The bottle is pretty and the perfume itself sounds nice but upon looking at it I was hit with a little bit of a dilemma; The little straw that all atomizer bottles have doesn’t look to extend even close to the bottom of the bottle. Has anyone seen something like this before? It could just be decanted into another container when you start to approach the bottom of the bottle but that seems to me like an unnecessary difficulty when we always pay so much for perfume.

5. Rednails says:

Always interested in what Balmain does. Not so crazy about anything with pear in it, but the leather in the base sounds like a nice touch. Anyone tested Eau d’Ivoire? How does it compare to the original soapy chypre?

• Merlin says:

Eau d’Ivoire smelled like Contemporary Generic EDP, at least to my nose!

6. Celestia says:

Bottle is nice, if unoriginal. Confused by the name. Ecstatic? Exotic? Ex-static?
    Re: the tube not extending right down to the bottom. The amount of juice in the bottle is just a tad more than what its label says so that the customer is getting what she/he paid for, at least in one brand I know.

7. IN LOVE! Just Already Needing this!!!! Sounds Spectacular!