Parfums MDCI Cuir Garamante ~ new fragrance

Parfums MDCI Cuir Garamante

French niche line Parfums MDCI has launched Cuir Garamante, a new leather-focused fragrance. The brand's last fragrance was 2012's Chypre Palatin.

Leather can be many things – stern military boots, a worn-in saddle, a comfy chair. Cuir Garamante is a leather jacket – thick but supple – worn by a mysterious man who travels the world for reasons he keeps to himself. Journalist? Jewel thief? Spy? This is a jacket that has been to spice bazaars and state dinners and secret parties. It has snuck into palaces and jumped out of planes and hidden in opium dens.

The notes feature pink pepper, nutmeg, saffron, rose, oud accord, papyrus, leather, vanilla, labdanum, incense and sandalwood.

Parfums MDCI Cuir Garamante can be found now for pre-order at Luckyscent, in 60 ml Eau de Parfum for $250. The bust edition (above left) is $375.

(via luckyscent)

1. ladymurasaki says:

And his name is Bond, James Bond :D

Hey. He deserves a nice niche fragrance too. Why isn’t there a perfume with a bust of Daniel Craig on it, anyway?

• ladymurasaki says:

Indeed! :)

• nozknoz says:

The only thing that would top that would be a Daniel Craig torso! :-)

2. hajusuuri says:

What I want to know is why a leather jacket in perfume ads is always associated with a man and not just an ordinary man but someone mysterious with an unconventional job? And come to think of it, those men will probably not want to wear a scent with a vapor trail lest they be found when they’re trying to hide! That said, this one seems try-worthy! I’ll probably end up with an unsniffed decant!

Ha…ordinary people do not make good ad copy ;-)

Does sound worth a try!

• hajusuuri says:

Heh, but perhaps an extraordinary Woman may make good ad copy ;-)

• D.D. Jackson says:

Actually, we don’t mind being found on occasion, depending on who we’re hiding from :P

• nozknoz says:

Yes, why not a woman in a leather jacket?

3. D.D. Jackson says:

It sounds like they made this one just for me :D

More samples arrived today and I’m now surrounded by thirty-one samples with no idea how to start or what I should be “smelling” for…

But I do think I need a sample of this one in any case : )

Start a list for later, that’s my advice! You’re going to get overwhelmed.

• D.D. Jackson says:

Oh…. yes, multiple lists lol… Why didn’t I think of that? :P

But sales are on… maybe just a few more tonight while the bread bakes…

and…. Cookies are on thier way.

Oh good!

• thegoddessrena says:

Also, Perfume Posse has started their monthly perfume fairy godmother post early, so if there’s one or two things you forgot you can request it there

As for what you’re smelling for, you already know that–Yes! Or Ooh… Or a wicked compulsion to not remove your nose from your wrist

I did the Monday Mail inJan of last year and it has kind of turned me into a sampling junkie–I sampled more than 200 fragrances on skin last year and I’m over 250 so far this year and I keep handwritten notes on all of them.

• D.D. Jackson says:

I’d heard of the Perfume Posse before, but never visited them and now I see what their Fairy Godmother post is about… What a cute idea… and I could use a Godmother, Fairy or not.

So, how were you *before* your Monday mail? Had you sampled a lot? Is your sampling now organized in any way or pretty much by whim? What notes do you keep?

• Marjorie Rose says:

Hey DDJ, just wanted to say I’ve been enjoying your journey vicariously! Such fun to imagine diving in at the beginning! We use the analogy of falling down the rabbit hole for entering perfumistahood–fun to see someone just as they start to chase the white rabbit, without the abyss quite in sight. . . :)

And I second Robin’s suggestion of notetaking. Not only to keep from being overwhelmed, but also to have record as you define your tastes–and as they change!

• D.D. Jackson says:

Haahahah… Oh, the abyss is well in sight.

I grabbed a tree branch so I could lean over the edge and have a look-see. Now I hear Alice and the Cheshire Cat laughing and chopping away mercilessly at the tree behind me.

I think I heard them muttering something about “resistance is futile” …

• kindcrow says:

How to start? You could grab a random vial, have Zena sniff it, and if she likes it, start with that one :-)

• D.D. Jackson says:

The pragmatists have arrived…

And I don’t disagree with you either. There’s one part of me that could do that. Right now THAT part is battling with the part that wants to make a spreadsheets and databases of every known perfume, note, accord, and blog comment ever uttered lol.

But Zena has been working: So far, it’s a “Meh” to Le Labo – Bergamote 22 and a “Yummy” to By Kilian – A Taste of Heaven.

• nozknoz says:

Parfums MDCI saw you leaning over the edge of the abyss, DD!

This line is great, and they offer sample sets of mini bottles on their website that are a wonderful deal. Chypre Palatin, Belle Hélène, Enlèvement au Sérail, Promesse de l’Aube, and Invasion Barbare are all four or five-star perfumes, too.

• D.D. Jackson says:

I, and my credit card company, thank you : ) for pointing to these samples.

4. nozknoz says:

I wonder who composed this one? I have large decants of Chypre Palatin, Belle Hélène and Enlèvement au Sérail, which I love.

I didn’t think about it when we had the poll, but one of my perfume regrets is not jumping on a bust bottle of Enlèvement that I saw on ebay for the price of the refill bottle. I had just bought another expensive perfume from that seller (maybe Bois d’Encens?) and decided to atone by passing up the MDCI. Silly!