L’Artisan Parfumeur Jour de Fete ~ fragrance reissue

L'Artisan Parfumeur Jour de Fête

L’Artisan Parfumeur will relaunch Jour de Fête, the 2003 fragrance by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti, in March of 2014.  Jour de Fête will be available as a limited edition.

[Jour de Fête]...was originally imagined as a fresh almond surrounded by a layer of icing sugar; and as almond flour with wheat and honey. Translated as 'Happy Day' or 'Festival Day', Jour de Fête reflects French celebrations...

L'Artisan Parfumeur Jour de Fête will be available in 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via fashionmonitor)

1. TheSnailsPajamas says:

Well, I loved this scent, so I’ll definitely get a bottle. Now I just wish they’d re-issue the original Tubereuse!

The rumor is that they’re going to ax a whole slew of scents, and start bringing them back semi-regularly as limited editions. We’ll see! Presumably, some of the formulas are going to have to change due to new IFRA regs.

Adding, in case anyone missed those rumors:

• PekeFan says:

I asked L’Artisan about Mimosa Pour Moi and Traversee du Bosphore. According to their representative, Mimosa is getting the chop but not Traversee. I’ll miss L’Eau de L’Artisan.

Thanks! But to be honest, I’ve been down this road so many times w/ so many brands, I no longer pay attention…different representatives of the brand are clearly telling different people different things. If I needed to own anything on that list, I’d be buying it now to be safe.

2. relleric says:

How would you rate this on a scale of feminine to masculine? I’m intrigued because a town not far from here (Ste Genevieve) celebrates Jour de Fete every summer.
    Thanks!

My memory is a powdery almond-vanilla, foody but not overdone. They were supposedly inspired by Jordan almonds. Certainly more conventionally feminine than masculine, but hey, I wear so many conventionally masculine scents that I’m probably not a good judge.

There are reviews here:

• relleric says:

Thanks. Just from the description, sounds a little too feminine/girly for me, although I wear Chinatown, Success Is a Job in NY, and Bottega Veneta without any problems whatsoever.
        However, that won’t stop me from trying it if I run across it!
        Happy Thanksgiving!

• TheSnailsPajamas says:

butting in to say, that while it wasn’t over sweet (not my thing), it was sweet, like Robin says, Jordan almonds, but it was light and wore sheer. It also had (to me) and interesting wintergreeny type top note, although that could always have been my interpretation of the ‘green wheat’ note that they originally said it had. It wasn’t a heavy marzipan like scent at all, very Giacobetti.

Yes, very Giacobetti. Fitting that Olfactoria’s Travels reviewed it w/ Drole de Rose. If they reissued it in 15 ml, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

• C.H. says:

Thanks for your input Robin and TheSnailsPajamas, I was curious about this too!

3. hajusuuri says:

Wow! I must try this! I like almond scents and also gravitate towards gourmand scents rather than flowery.

4. Paisley Flowers says:

Ooooh!

5. L says:

There is a Last Chance to Buy section of the L’Artisan website, which can be found by clicking the Collections tab. There are eight fragrances in the Last Chance section right now:

Traversee de Bosphore