Your home can now smell like fried chicken all the time

Your home can now smell like fried chicken all the time, without having to actually fry chicken. Thank you sweet baby Jesus. Thank you Kentucky for being the first state to fry chicken.

— Whit Hiler of Kentucky for Kentucky, a business that promotes small-batch products from the Bluegrass State, on their new Fried Chicken candle. Quoted in Ky. fried chicken candles: Get 'em while they're hot! at USA Today. You can buy the limited edition candle here. (If you prefer the smell of mint juleps, check out their Kentucky Derby candle, or you can bypass Kentucky altogether and go with the smell of White Castle.)

1. Rappleyea says:

Only in Kentucky… I won’t be able to hold my head up around here. :-(

Hey, I think it’s awesome! Beats NY flogging expensive Bond perfumes, right?

But what is Ale8, is that seriously a Kentucky-only soda?

Add, adding, that KFC should have taken White Castle’s example and done a candle in a bucket, right?

• Rappleyea says:

They didn’t?? I didn’t click on the link, but yes, they definitely should have used the iconic KFC bucket design.

• Rappleyea says:

Yes, Ale 8 One is only in Ky. (made in the next small town east of me – Winchester, KY) and people who move out of state have it shipped they love it so much. I’m not a soft drink drinker, but it really is good – it’s a riff on ginger ale, but better, sharper.

Thanks! There can’t be that many local soft drinks left, so that seems cool too. You should be proud of Kentucky :-)