Oh how we have missed you

The Old Spice Man! Talking to folks in New Zealand and Australia, where apparently Old Spice is now — finally! what have men been doing without Old Spice all these years? — available. Up first, New Zealand, below the jump is Australia.

Found at The Fragrant Man.

1. Omega says:

Old Spice man:). Some of the lines were funny, some not..but ya gotta love OSM:D. Hehehe.

And I do love him…wish they’d keep doing more for the US. I don’t like their newer ads at all.

2. Jordan River says:

Ha, these have me wearing the (excellent) deodorant as will as channelling the wisdom of my grandfathers via a slash or two in the morning. Happy it is cologne because then I can apply something niche before leaving the house.

My son wears the deodorant too, but in Matterhorn something that doesn’t smell at all like the original.

3. Omega says:

My husband can’t wear OS or the deodorant..he said it caused major burning on his arm pits and it’s never happened with any other product but OS, LOL.

4. debbie says:

We have had the original Old Spice for years and the new variety for past 6 or so months – haven’t seen this add on Aust tv yet. And while I can’t speak for the rest of Australian men-it is true that the male members in my family take spiders outside to the garden!

Oh, thanks for the clarification…that must be why they’re advertising now then, the new scents.

And interesting! My husband does that too sometimes, but not always.

• annemarie says:

Yep, that’s what I have trained my son to do.

I remember giving Old Spice to my second boyfriend in about 1982. I like the look of the new ones though!

• engelwurz says:

I don’t get why people kill spiders. I don’t take them out to the garden though. That would require getting close to them. I’ve heard people share horror stories about how they killed a spider and lil babies went everywhere. Yeah, I’d rather just let it scurry away. I even once took a shower while a spider was chilling in there.

• engelwurz says:

But I live in the US; I wasn’t showering with some Australian monster spider.

• annemarie says:

It’s the smaller spiders that tend to be the more dangerous. Red backs, funnel webs … they are not monsters, they are often quite tiny.

• debbie says:

Its the monster, hairy spiders that we put outside-I could not kill anything that big and harmless (although i do think they can bite)