Coach Leatherware No. 1, No. 2 & No. 3 ~ new fragrances

coach-leather-1-3

Coach has launched the Coach Leatherware fragrance collection for men, consisting of three numbered fragrances: Coach Leatherware No. 1, Leatherware No. 2 and Leatherware No. 3. Each is a variation on the scent of baseball glove leather.

Leatherware No. 1 ~ "A clean, sophisticated fragrance created in the apothecary tradition, Coach Leatherware No. 01 opens with bright citrus, fresh coriander and saffron, reveals an intense heart of aromatic greens and nutmeg, and finishes with a base of rich woods blended with the scent of baseball glove leather—a distinctive, masculine note inspired by our tradition in leatherware, and created exclusively for Coach."

Leatherware No. 2 ~ "Coach Leatherware No. 02 is an uplifting, artisanal fragrance. Refreshing citrus and rhubarb leaves top an energizing heart of black pepper, crisp greens and thyme—an herb once believed to bring courage to those who wore it. A warm, sophisticated base blends oakmoss, patchouli and musk with the scent of baseball glove leather—a distinctive, masculine note inspired by our tradition in leatherware, and created exclusively for Coach."

Leatherware No. 3 ~ "Coach Leatherware No. 03 is a rich, modern blend of historically prized artisanal ingredients. Fresh, clean notes of pink pepper, cardamom, lemon and cypress top a heart combining rare orris and warm cedarwood with the scent of baseball glove leather—a distinctive, masculine note inspired by our tradition in leatherware, and created exclusively for Coach. Aromatic woods, earthen patchouli and papyrus, and vetiver create a strong, masculine base."

Coach Leatherware No. 1, Leatherware No. 2 and Leatherware No. 3 are $95 each for 95 ml.

(via coach)

Update: see reviews of Coach Leatherware No. 1, Leatherware No. 2 and Leatherware No. 3.

1. Marjorie Rose says:

Mr. Spicebomb (microfiche) is a HUGE baseball fan. I wonder if that would be enough of a connection for me to convince him to try these? None of the notes immediately make me wanna lemming one, but could be fun to try something new on my fella!

Worth a shot! I like the packaging.

• Marjorie Rose says:

Yeah, the bottles are nice! Although I expect they look best as a triptych rather than on their own.

• Dilana says:

I’m a huge baseball fan, but the lists of notes does not satisfy my craving for a baseball scent. Rhubarb? Cedar? Does any ball field sell rhubarb as a mid game snacks. When was the last time you saw someone use a cedar bat?

I don’t need peanut and crackerjack accords (well may be a bit of carmel from the cracker jacks)
      but please, give me the smell of a grass infield*, some pine tar, and maybe that Georgia clay which they use for rubbing the balls.

* In the 1970’s many teams misguidedly replaced their grass inflields with astro turf. Relief pitcher Tug McGraw was once asked if he preferred astro turf to grass. He replied “I don’t know, I never smoked astro turf.” This admittedly has nothing to do with perfume, except Tug’s son TIm McGraw, has a number of licensed scents on the market.

• kindcrow says:

Mr. Microfiche likes baseball? It keeps getting better and better.

2. AnnE says:

Sign me up for testing these! I could use a “green” leather, since Bandit’s dry down doesn’t work for me. The reasonable prices are also very appealing.

Admit that so far, I’m not a huge fan of the Coach line, but you never know — definitely worth a try.

3. platinum14 says:

Will have to stop by my neighbourhood Coach store to see these. I might be tempted by No. 3… or all 3!

Do stop back & comment if they’re great…

• platinum14 says:

First impressions:
        No-1 is a true leather classc. Old school. Feels quite rich. Forget the baseball glove, it’s better than that.
        No-2 wears very close to the skin, very little projection and is mostly just vetiver (for the first hour anyway) and than fades to non descript scent
        No-3 is like No-2 only darker. Vetiverfest again.
        Since I’m a bit of a vetiverphobe, and since I went in there hoping to discover leather fragrances, for me, No-1 is the winner.

Wow, that was fast, thanks so much! I will have to find a Coach store.

4. C.H. says:

Oh interesting, I saw these a few weeks ago at a Coach boutique, I didn’t realize they were new. Didn’t make a close study as leather usually isn’t my thing but on first impression they seemed pretty far superior to Coach’s other fragrance offerings. Will be curious to hear what leather devotees make of them.

• Omega says:

Leather isn’t my thing either, usually.

5. Thalia says:

These look a lot more sophisticated than their cheeseball women’s offerings. Is Coach even on men’s radar as a brand, I wonder?

• mutzi says:

Considering when they were released, the cynic in me says they are intended for women to buy as gifts for the men in their lives. With that said, I will try them all when I’m in the Coach store. I do own Coach Love – it’s not earth-shattering or mind-blowing, but it is a nice easy to wear light sandalwood vanilla on me.

• Rictor07 says:

Last summer i wore the Coach for men fragrance. It is a great aromatic fougere. I also love a good leather scent, so these are now on my radar.

6. VanMorrisonFan says:

After the dissapointment of my home team (LA Dodgers) anything associated with baseball is a negative in my mind. They should have waited until spring training time to introduce these -when hope springs eternal in the fan’s heart, and a trip to the World Series seems all but certain. If I go to the Coach Store in Pasadena I will try this…

• C.H. says:

Not on topic for perfume but for Dodger heritage and hope springing eternal, just want to make sure you’ve read Doris Kearns Goodwin’s baseball memoir Wait ‘Til Next Year–you’ll love it!

7. datura5750 says:

These sound amazing!

8. I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-) Sounds Just like something i could swoon for months over!

9. cath says:

I am a huge leather fan, so I’m willing to try any new leather scents. I wonder if and when they will have these in the shops in Japan.