Bunch o’ limited edition collector bottles 2013, part 16

More limited edition collector fragrance bottles, with the usual disclaimers: in most of these cases, the juice is unchanged, just the bottle is “special” (or not, as the case may be), and some of these may not be available in the US.

House of Sillage, limited edition travel spray

From House of Sillage, a limited edition (10 were made) travel spray featuring "a glorious gecko adorned with stunning bezel-set center and round over 2 carat rare Colombian green emeralds climbing a leafy vine embellished with over 4 carat round brilliant-cut colorless diamonds for a total of 665 gem stones, all hand-set on an 18K yellow gold cylinder." The 7.5 ml spray container comes with refills in all six of the brand's fragrances, $118,000. It is due to launch this fall. (via press release)

Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile special edition, 2013

From Acqua di Parma, the latest special edition of Iris Nobile: "The bottle has been delicately painted with two polished 24-carat gold coatings and carefully inlaid with a handmade floral motif; a truly unique work of craftsmanship." At Harrods, in 100 ml Eau de Parfum, £105.

Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, 10th Anniversary edition

Also from Acqua di Parma, a 10th anniversary edition of Colonia Assoluta: "Colonia Assoluta celebrates its tenth anniversary with an exclusive special edition inspired by the rotating wheel and swirl of bicycle spokes. The handmade decorative motif is reproduced on the iconic art deco bottle and case with the spokes stretching across the surface in the distinctive silver hues of Colonia Assoluta." At House of Fraser, in 180 ml, £110.

Amouage Epic Man, travel set

From Amouage, travel spray sets for men, in the Epic, Reflection or Memoir fragrances. €130-135, includes three 10 ml sprays. At Essenza Nobile in Germany.

1. engelwurz says:

I like the Amouge box.

2. Kelly Red says:

Oh I’ll take the gecko bottle, because lord knows if I had over $100,000 to waste it would be on a perfume bottle with a lizard on it! Of course it does come with ALL SIX perfumes, so it’s really versatile. (Sarcastic cough cough)

LOL!

It is a serious chunk of money…surprised it isn’t a one-of-a-kind.

• kaos.geo says:

Surprised? If it was a one-of-a-kind bottle, it woulnd be *so inexpensive* !!!!! LOL!!!
        But God bless them, At least they are trying with REAL emeralds! Beats that Swarovsky cr*p anyday for me! ;-)

• Merlin says:

But it would be a nuisance to change refill each time I decided to wear one of the other scents. So I’m just going to order six of them and keep the extra refills as back-ups. Wouldn’t want a lonely lizard now…

Ah, only 4 left then!

• Merlin says:

um, now I’m wondering if the lizards should be split up at all – I mean, they’r kind of family…

You know what, just give me all 10!

Hey, why not?

3. pyramus says:

The gecko bottle is a huge improvement over their house bottle, which looks like a cupcake. (In fact, it looks like a copy of the Alice & Peter cupcake bottles, but those fragrances are fun, youthful gourmands, so they have an excuse for looking like cupcakes. I really don’t get the House of Sillage bottles at all.)

I like it better too…luckily, I don’t adore it, since I am not going to be owning one :-)

• Omega says:

The only bottle I like is the one with a white tiger on it…the rest look like glammed up cupcakes, lame. To heck with a down payment on a house..I *need* that lizard, lol. Oh wait, ‘glorious Gecko’ lol. I will find cheapo stones and glue them to a ‘gold’ atomiser for like 5 bux. I probably can’t make a lizard that good, may turn out like Gumby but what the heck LOL.

4. galbanumgal says:

certainly don’t need another (large) Iris Nobile, but the bottle’s lovely.
    Wouldn’t mind a spin through Harrods, though.

AdP does such nice limited edition bottles….lucky for me I liked the EdT, which seems to be gone.

5. kindcrow says:

The bicycle spokes on the CA bottle are kind of cute — like something uou’d make with a Spirograph.

Yes — that’s a darned fine looking bottle.

6. mutzi says:

I have to admit that I contacted House of Sillage to ask if there were any stores near me that carried the line. (I would like to see and smell them in person.) Later the same day, I received an email offering to send me samples if I provided a name and address. So, I received them last week and the presentation of the samples was quite impressive. They were all in one white plastic box that slid into a protective case. There was a hard card glossy brochure describing each scent and the samples were at least 1.5 ml sprays. I have to say all were well-blended and had top quality ingredients (they should at those prices). I picked out two favorites which I will insert nonchalantly into my Christmas wish list, but not hope to receive them.

I know the regular bottles are over the top cute, but for the ones I liked I would accept the bottles if I could afford them.

7. eminere says: