Crabtree & Evelyn Ottoman Rose, Assam Oudh, Kashmir Musk & Persian The ~ new fragrances

Crabtree & Evelyn Ottoman Rose

Crabtree & Evelyn will launch Night Garden, a new quartet of fragrances, in August. Ottoman Rose (shown), Assam Oudh, Kashmir Musk and Persian Thé were inspired by the Middle East.

Ottoman Rose ~ "a rich interpretation of the velvety floral note"; also featuring blackberry, carnation and vintage leather.

Assam Oudh ~ with the "rare and heady wood", plus crystallised lemon, blood orange and bergamot.

Kashmir Musk ~ "a soft and seductive accord" with iris, grey musk and exotic spices.

Persian Thé ~ "smoky and warm"; with notes of black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, Atlas cedarwood, labdanum and amber.

Crabtree & Evelyn Night Garden Ottoman Rose, Assam Oudh, Kashmir Musk and Persian Thé will be available in 100 ml Eau de Parfum, £140 each.

(quotes via harrodsmagazine, additional information via fashionmonitor)

1. engelwurz says:

Persian Thé sounds really good and I thought “Crabtree & Evelyn is usually a cheap thrill, right?” but then I saw the price.

Clearly it’s meant to be a more upscale effort, yeah.

2. kindcrow says:

I used to wear their carnation soliflore, but they discontinued it, so I’ll give the Ottoman Rose a sniff (hope the leather is subdued). The one with black tea and cardamom also sounds promising.

The black tea sounds great to me. Don’t know where these will be distributed though, maybe I’ll never see them.

3. Omega says:

The tea and the rose do sound good.

Worried about the “grey musk” which is probably some sort of clean musk, but still would like to try the Kashmir Musk too.

4. Subhuman says:

The packaging is lovely. Kashmir Musk sounds like an iris/incense thing, which intrigues me. Not cheap, though…very un-Crabtree pricing!

5. basia says:

Persian The for me!

6. Merlin says:

I’m ok with a better quality offering at a higher price but for me this is far too much of price hike. It falls into the category of things I just wouldn’t consider purchasing. Although decants would be a possibility!

7. Omega says:

I do see some of C&E’s lower priced stuff a lot at TJ Maxx, perhaps these will somehow make it there as well so it will be easier on the wallet, one can dream, right? lol

8. TheSnailsPajamas says:

I kind of feel that’s way too ambitious of a price hike considering the (UK) costs of their general products. £80 would sound right, £100, maybe if you could boast some top quality ingredients and a famous nose, but £140? Now you’re talking niche stocked at upscale department store prices. It just doesn’t seem in line with the brand, unless they’re considering an across the board price hike on products in the near future. And contrast with say a 100ml bottle of L’artisan, which for the standard line is £80, and you sort of wonder.

• engelwurz says:

I think they’re just trying to jump on the Middle Eastern consumers who appear to be willing to spend a lot. I hope the effort flops, though.

9. dampier says:

This might work in the UK, but $200US will get them laughed out of the mall in mid-America. It needs to be under $80. I can’t think of anything even close to that price in their boutiques. Their fragrances have never been amazing sellers anyway unless they are in a lotion.

10. eminere says:

I wonder if people in the Middle East collectively roll their eyes whenever another fragrance house releases a collection it says is inspired by the Middle East. It’s the Orientalisme of the 21st century.