Victoria by Victoria’s Secret ~ new perfume

Victoria by Victoria's Secret

Victoria’s Secret has launched Victoria, a new fruity floral fragrance for women:

Fresh. Sexy. Totally irresistible. The new Victoria collection–everything you love about Victoria’s Secret. A sparkling blend of red berries, Victoria rose and crème brûlée. Spray on eau de parfum for scent that lingers.

Victoria by Victoria's Secret is available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum and in 250 ml Body Mist.

(via victoriassecret)

1. Absolute Scentualist says:

I don’t suppose this is a re-release of the gorgeous Victoria from the late ’90′s? I don’t remember the notes for that one from back in the day and wasn’t even into perfume that much but do remember really liking it. Actually, I loved lots of VS perfumes from that era. Tranquil Breezes, Tender Orchid and Enchanted Apple could make a return and I’d be a very happy lady. :)

Seems terribly unlikely, doesn’t it? It’s just not the sort of thing they’d do. So I’m assuming they’re just recycling the name…but I really don’t know.

• Absolute Scentualist says:

Yep. I’m certainly not holding my breath. But it’s nice to dream. ;)

• mals86 says:

I’d bet not. It says “fruity floral” and the old one (which I adored and never bought because I didn’t think I had the money to) was a very floral chypre with lots of rose and jasmine. Unfortunately, every bottle of it I’ve found recently has gone off, even the ones stored in boxes… Grrrr.

Good point. It probably didn’t have creme brulee either.

2. RusticDove says:

I still have a little of the original Victoria fragrance bath oil in the pretty bottle – done for them by Penhaligon’s, I believe? Looks very much like their bottles, minus the bow – but same shape and round glass stopper.

3. Minxieme says:

The bottle reminds me of Ricci Ricci.

4. poodle says:

No,no,no! That is not the Victoria I remember. Ugh.

5. scentfromabove says:

I’m all for the fruity-floral scents. This may be one that I can really get into, but the crème brulee may make it a little too sweet for my liking. VS fragrances are either a hit or miss with me. No in between. I really like “Bombshell” that came out a few years ago. But, I used to really love “Halo” years ago. Wow, those were the days! But, I love VS and am willing to try their new fragrance.

6. annina says:

Ugh. I sure miss the original Victoria! I wore it in high school – ’88-’92. This new Victoria is most certainly not it. They always get rid of the good perfumes – Victoria, Halo, and one that was released with Victoria and Rapture – silver cap. I made sure that I have enough Rapture before they give it the axe!

I miss the original VS store, when they played classical music and very demure and English.

• It was called “Encounter” And it was LOVELY! Soft and Floral and Powdery but with a romantic sensual air to it… I LONG for A Bottle of “Encounter”

7. Nile Goddess says:

Nina Ricci has a fragrance with a very similar flacon

8. blueangel0313 says:

I smelled this yesterday and to my surprise I actually liked it. Every time I try on one of Vickie’s new scents, I am scrubbing within the hour. All the same nasty perfumes. They finally got out of their rutt with a new one. It’s worth trying. I liked it a lot, but not sure how long it will last. Seems like the perfuming industry is cutting down on the quality of their perfumes to the point that they don’t last very long. I’d rather pay more and have some longevity than to have to keep reapplying throughout the day.

9. carolehto says:

If you are looking for a similar scent to the Original Victoria by Victoria’s Secret try “Iris” by Crabtree and Evelyn. It has some of the same notes, such as sandalwood and patchouli. Not an exact match, as a matter of fact when I first spritz, it reminds me of soap or a mild aftershave. But it turns to something resembling Victoria within about fifteen minutes, so I apply before I go out so the strange soap smell disappears.