Tom Ford Sahara Noir ~ new fragrance

Tom Ford Sahara Noir

Tom Ford will launch Sahara Noir, a new addition to the Signature line, in March. Per Mr. Ford,

Sahara Noir is rich and exotic; it wraps the balsamic, incense-touched notes of frankincense in gold and honey-colored light.

The notes for the woody oriental feature bitter orange, frankincense, cistus, calamus, cypress, cinnamon, papyrus, jasmine, rose, beeswax, labdanum, benzoin, vanilla, cedar, agarwood and Peru balsam.

Tom Ford Sahara Noir will launch first in the Middle East, and should be available elsewhere by May. It will be in 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via dutyfreemagazine.ca, moodiereport)

Update: see a review of Tom Ford Sahara Noir.

1. ringthing says:

This sounds wonderful. I really like his Noir signature release, and this sounds like one to look for, too. I’m way more impressed with his mainstream line than his pricey exclusive line.

Me too…I think the Private Blends are mostly overpriced & underinteresting.

• dolcesarah says:

I disagree, I’ve not smelled anything of his in any line, ever that I thought bottle worthy until CHAMPACA.

2. Oh boy. I really like Violet Blonde. Here’s hoping for a good mainstream incense in this one.

Let’s hope. Likely to be heavy though.

• poodle says:

I love a good incense. This sounds like its right up my alley.

3. pyramus says:

I swear to god it sounds like the perfumer broke into my dreams and made this specifically for me.

I’m a huge fan of Black Orchid and haven’t smelled another Ford that I needed to own, but I will be trying this one the second I can get my hands on it.

• Lucy says:

Ha! It sounds awesome. I really like this new direction that companies are taking. It’s like they finally realized that not all women want a light, fruity, floral and all not men want to smell aquatic or ozone-like.

Good luck!

• mindxpandr says:

Hi!

I am also a huge fan of Black Orchid and I feel the same way you do. This speaks to me and I need to smell it SOON!

4. littlecooling says:

It would be lovely if this compose is a real noir and not like the Chanel one among few others…

• Rictor07 says:

Probably wont be too noir since it is wrapped in ‘honey colored light’.

5. nathanthomas says:

Just to add it only comes in 50ml , no 100ml version, and is due to be priced at £100.

Have tried it and to me it was very similar to the recently discontinued Private Blend – Amber Absolute but a bit smokier. Not a carbon copy but i guess targeting the same market saddened by the loss of Amber Absolute

Thanks, that pretty much killed my interest.

• Lucy says:

That’s okay. Who needs 100 ml when a small bottle costs an arm and a leg? grrrrrr.

• nathanthomas says:

true, but 50ml at £100 costs more than the 100ml sizes of the other signature perfumes which retail at about £80 & pitches it much closer to the private blends which sell in UK for £135 for 50ml

6. Lys says:

The buzz I’ve heard on this is that it is wonderful – I’m most interested as I read the notes listed here on whether this will appeal to an Opium-lovin’ girl.

I find the earlier Fords to be opaque and over-concentrated but the last few have really let the light shine in and revealed the true aromatic facets of their rich essences. To me, spice + honey-colored light = radiance.

7. Emily says:

I will definitely seek this out when it comes to the States. Hate to admit it, but I kind of have a soft spot for certain elements of the Tom Ford aesthetic (though nothing could be further removed from my own personal style, or lack thereof).

Is this the signature-line TF “floriental” that I think I’ve heard chatter about, or something else altogether? The notes sound more like a straight-up woody oriental, but I guess you can never tell until you smell it.

8. RusticDove says:

Wowza! I’m quite excited and can’t wait to sniff this!

9. Mitzi says:

What, no oud? I must be needing my reading glasses…

• Omega says:

Agarwood is another name for oud, I believe.
      I prefer his Private Blends over his ‘mainstream’ line. Noir de Noir is sublime. I haven’t had good experiences with scents that have had papyrus for some reason, lol..let’s hope this is different. The notes look impressive though. Cinnamon and cypress..sounds nice! Woody and drier sounding scent.

10. thenoseknows says:

DIE-VINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loving it to death ALREADY! MUST SMELL!

This sounds Really Sublime and I prefer pretty much ANYTHING TF has made, The Private Blends, The Signature Lines…. ALL ALL ALL ALL!!!! The man can do almost no wrong in my book!

11. eminere says:

Just going by the bottle I predict this will shift a bajillion units.

12. relleric says:

Visited S5A this past weekend and couldn’t leave without this. It is lovely, similar to the Black Cashmere I already have but a bit fuller. I am an incense tart, can’t get enough of the stuff.
    Also finally picked up a bottle of Bn9 HOT Always, been craving that for years.

13. MCocteau says:

I’m in love with it too! Really smells like Black Cashmere, stronger in Labdanum…definetely great!