Carven Le Parfum ~ new fragrance

Carven Le Parfum

Carven will launch Carven Le Parfum, a new fragrance for women, and will relaunch the brand's classic 1946 perfume Ma Griffe.

Le Parfum was developed by perfumer Francis Kurkdjian; notes for the floral scent include hyacinth, sweet pea, ylang ylang, jasmine, osmanthus, apricot and sandalwood.

In the UK, Carven Le Parfum will be introduced at Harrods in early May. I will update with sizes and concentration when I can.

(via elle.fr, cosmopolitan.frpurebeauty.co.uk)

Update: Carven Le Parfum is available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum; additional notes include patchouli.

Another update: see a review of Carven Le Parfum.

1. kaos.geo says:

Love Carven… and Kurkdjian sounds more than promising. Crossing my fingers.

2. mals86 says:

This sounds rather nice, if not particularly groundbreaking. And I tend to do well with FK’s compositions.

All the samples of Ma Griffe I’ve tried have been either too brash for me or decayed with age – here’s hoping that the rerelease will be respectful and wearable.

I want to know if FK did Ma Griffe too? I am keeping my fingers crossed for respectful & wearable too.

3. Lys says:

I just have a feeling that whether these are good or not will be revealed with the price point. I don’t want these done on the cheap. (Not that I want to pay too much either.)

4. TheSnailsPajamas says:

After sniffing Balmain’s weak and different relaunch of Ivoire (on its own merits it was like a soapier weaker #19 Poudre, compared to original Ivoire, no relation imo) unfortunately I don’t hold my breath. Cute bottle though.

5. moon_grrl says:

Fingers crossed Ma Griffe will still be recognizable!

6. littlecooling says:

How could I miss this? :D I saw it on Colette’s site..I have to oder a 30 ML…this looks like such a nice little Spring gem…I haven’t smelled it yet, but this must be a blind by ;)