Guerlain L’Heure De Nuit ~ new perfume

Guerlain L'Heure De Nuit

Last year, Guerlain launched L'Heure De Nuit, a new flanker to 1912's L’Heure Bleue.

Guerlain's in-house perfumer Thierry Wasser is shining new light on the iconic fragrance L'Heure Bleue. Under his influence, the soft, elegant scent of the original is lit up with a fresh, contemporary sparkle.

This modern olfactory interpretation immerses us in a magical and mysterious "Paris by Night" feel bridging dream and reality, the twilight becomes enchanting and magnetic. Night time fills the air: it is "L'Heure de Nuit."

Guerlain L'Heure De Nuit is available now at Neiman Marcus, $270 for 125 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via neimanmarcus)

Update: see a review of Guerlain L'Heure De Nuit.

1. lucasai says:

I will be sampling it soon :) I wonder how it compares to historical L’Heure Bleue. Perfume bloggers who tried it so far were rather unimpressed with it. I wonder what I will think about it.

2. mals86 says:

This was getting a LOT of love among some perfumista friends as being cozy and wearable. (They call it BLOO.)

It sounds decent but not tempting enough for me to chase after it…shame Guerlain has such crappy distribution here.

And if that color is accurate, gosh.

• Lucy says:

Yes, the color is accurate.

• Lucy says:

Sorry, I misspoke. The color is a little bit darker, closer to purple than blue. On my computer the picture above is close to a turquoise. The link you provided to Victoria’s review shows a more accurate color.

• OhLily says:

Thanks for confirmation on the depth of color, Lucy! The blue in the photo here reminded me of Mille and Une Roses’ and I wasn’t overly fussed about it at that point. The darker color you’re describing, and the photo in Robin’s link to Victoria’s blog, is kinda scarily too close in color to toilet cleanser for me.

• Abyss says:

I don’t know what they were thinking about with that mouthwash/antifreeze-coloured juice *shakes head*

• OhLily says:

That’s the way it’s looking on my laptop too. I just wish everyone would stop lighting everything up with a fresh, contemporary sparkle!

And yeah, get those damn kids off my lawn too. ;)

• Lys says:

I like that color, breaks up the monotony of a bunch of bee bottles with yellow-to-goldish colored juice.

3. Rappleyea says:

Okay, I was up waaaay too late last night watching basketball and I’m cranky so I’m going to be the grinch here – I hated this! A Guerlain classic ruined by Wasser adding an unimaginative dollop of the dreaded white musk to one of the greatest perfumes ever. See if we can turn a gorgeous and distinct classic into a department store clone. I guess the “guerlainade” is too expensive for LVMH to use anymore.

I wish I could go back to bed… ;-)

Ha ha…L’Heure de Laundry.

(and sorry you’re tired)

• Rappleyea says:

LOL!! YES!!!

Thanks, Robin. It was worth the loss of sleep – we won! And the other half of the equation was the tornado siren that went off at 5:00 this morning! We had a 70 degree temp swing in one week! Crazy.

I am not a sports person, but will take your word for it that it was worth it :-)

It is weirdly warm here today too, but not a lovely day and we’ve got a flash flood watch on.

• Lys says:

LOL didn’t you get the memo, it’s Muscinade now.

• Rappleyea says:

Blech! :-p

But I have a back-up bottle of the real stuff in vintage.

• OperaFan says:

Awe, c’mon Rapple!
          It’s pretty. It’s just not – Guerlain. Probably for those that would love a Guerlain if not for its “Guerlain-ness.”
          BTW – I would prefer the original as well…. ;)

• Rappleyea says:

But isn’t that like going to a fine French restaurant and wanting to order a cheeseburger and fries?? Go to McDonald’s then!

And we need to chat! :-)

• OperaFan says:

LoL! That’s Exactly what my 19yr-old stepdaughter would do…
            And…. Yes! :)

4. Lucy says:

The SA in the Paris boutique was kind enough to dig for the L’Heure De Nuit tester when I asked about it in December. It was pleasant enough, but fell into the category of perfume for people who don’t like perfume. I don’t think anyone here would agree that it’s strength is really EDP. (Although that label is so subjective.) It was much easier to wear than the original, lacking the heavy powder and richness that used to give me a headache when I was a ‘fume newbie. Soft, fresh, contemporary sparkle,…check, check, check…it is as advertised. If anyone finds the original too consuming, you might like this. I just think for $270 the value is missing. I’d rather spend a third of the money on the more powerful L’Heure Bleu.

5. Dilana says:

I’ve sniffed it. It is L’Huee Blue without the depth and mystery (and without the civet which is prominent in the EDP).

So if you want a more modern, lighter L’Heure Blue, this is very nice indeed. However, given the price of this flanker, I’d rather save up for the full parfum of the original, which is only $60.00 more.

6. Lys says:

I’m trying it right now as we speak … to my tastes, no good! I find the neo-powdery/synthetic heliotropin note yucky. I’d skip this and just buy London or something. This thing just hates my skin type and is falling apart all over the place.

• Lys says:

Update is that it pulled together eventually into orange blossom/almond, but it seems like a sad thing if perfumers have to jump through all these indirect chemical hoops to reconstruct accords that used to be straightforward.

7. KL says:

L’Isterine de Nuit.

• Rappleyea says:

lol! Nobody’s mentioned Windex yet either. :-D

• Emily says:

Well, I was about to — but thought I’d read through the comments first to make sure I wasn’t being repetitive :)

• Subhuman says:

Is it weird that I actually like the color? I find it striking. Bottle’s pretty, too.

8. donanicola says:

Oh my goodness if ever there was a case of YMMV……….I have long considered myself a Guerlain putain but L’Heure Bleu, though undeniably beautiful was just a bit too powdery for me (am more a Mitsouko/Jicky/Attrape Coeur girl). Anyway, I got 5ml of this in a split and am thoroughly enjoying it, so much so I’m going back for more. I can understand the discontent expressed by L’HB fans (heaven knows what they’ll do to Mitsouko for its 100th birthday) but for those of us less emotionally tied to the original this is pretty, wearable and cosy. And oh dear, I rather love the colour too (which is darker than that pictured above).

9. Omega says:

I like the blue juice.

10. eminere says:

Oh my, that bottle and colour is just gorgeous.