Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood, Oud Cashmere Mood & Oud Velvet Mood ~ new fragrances

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood

Maison Francis Kurkdjian will launch three new variations on 2012's Oud: Oud Silk Mood, Oud Cashmere Mood and Oud Velvet Mood.

Oud Silk Mood (shown) ~ light and airy like the rustle of silk, with Bulgarian rose, blue chamomile and papyrus.

Oud Cashmere Mood ~ gentle and soft like cashmere, with labdanum, benzoin and vanilla.

Oud Velvet Mood ~ majestic and enveloping, with cinnamon, saffron and copaiba balsam.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud Silk Mood , Oud Cashmere Mood and Oud Velvet Mood will launch in March, in 70 ml Extrait de Parfum.

(via shop.essenza-nobile.de, found via marieclaire.fr)

1. lucasai says:

I haven’t tried the original MFK Oud yet but I’m willing to do so. And these new three all sound quite appealing.

Oud is well done but not of any interest to me — the brand, so far, just is not my sort of thing.

2. trigger hippie says:

Oud Mood? Seriously? Wrong for all sorts of reasons.

3. Lys says:

I’m in the mOud for Oud.

I wonder if M. Kurkjian’s cultural cache excludes him from the usual criticism of flankers.

4. maggiecat says:

I’m a huge fan of MFK, but not of oud, alas. Still, these sound…nice.

5. MCocteau says:

Montana used to make 3 “mood” flankers for their Parfum de peau. Always seen them at the discounters…

6. SmokeyToes says:

I loved his Oud, but not enough to pull the trigger for a full bottle, I just can’t justify spending quite that much on a scent…. I’d be interested in trying these to see how they wear.

7. Supersmell says:

I’ve just received my parcel from Paris containing the Velvet Mood version, which I bought blind. A thing I rarely do but I wish I could have bought all three Ouds.

Velvet Mood is lovely on me, very dark and hypnotically tar-like, with the Saffron always nearby to smoothen its deep Oud scent.

Maybe I should play some lottery…