The things that Consuelo does not like are fruits, flowers and sweet

Model Raquel Zimmermann for the new Marni fragrance. Below the jump, Trudi Loren of Estee Lauder talks about the scent's development.

1. Carine Yezn says:

I like fruits & flowers but not in a sugary sweet way :)

I sometimes like all 3 things, although only rarely at once, but sometimes! But nice to have a change — she is exactly right about the 90%.

2. LaMaroc says:

I am excited to try this, just because it is not fruity-floral-sweet! Wonder if/when it will hit the U.S.?
    Love the music and style of the commercial, but Raquel Zimmerman looks like she has indigestion! And normally I really like her. (She was perfect for the Chloe ads.)

It is already here — but Saks has the exclusive for the first 6 months, as I understand it.

3. Lys says:

I already mentioned in the weekend thread that I think this is an outstanding fragrance. Wanted to add that Loren is exactly right about the balance of warm and cool notes, this fragrance has an openness that keeps it from being a “seasonal” (winter) wood. The drydown can be understood as sweet but overall, dominant woods.

• Zazie says:

Thank you for the first hand impressions: sounds lovely!
      I am a HUGE Marni fan – I own just a couple of items and accessories, but they have proven to be great compliment catchers and conversation starters.
      I hope the fragrance elicits the same reactions!
      (I don’t like the doll, but don’t really care about it, either!)

Thanks!

4. Lys says:

Also, I may be watching too many video files, but that ad made me LOL b/c the black bar that moves across the screen looks like the video/loading timeline on a streaming file.

5. chrisskins says:

I’d lose the doll. Too gimmicky. I like to pretend that I’m not being overly-marketed at.

Agree — the doll strikes the wrong tone anyway.

6. RusticDove says:

I have to say I’m a little excited about this. Except for the doll – I can live without that. But otherwise, sounds good!

7. basia says:

The fragrance notes sound right up my alley – but that doll — no!

8. Karin says:

I really want to try this one. Tempted to purchase unsniffed…

9. peter says:

If I don’t like the fragrance, can I use the doll for voodoo???

10. Lys says:

The doll only comes with the purse spray. I have no idea why they’d be dressing her up in seasonal attire, but I don’t mind it since the real bottle comes doll-less.

11. Ericgmd says:

Pretty bottle, intriguing concept to go against the current trends. Makes you want to try it.
    Well, until you hear about “Bambolina the doll” and how she will be dressed in different attires in the future.
    I don’t know about you but I don’t think I can wait until the next look. I’m already losing sleep!

That really completely ruined it for me and instead of elevating the name “Marni” from an obscure brand, made it drop to a Benetton level!
    Someone should have stuck needles and pins in that ugly doll!

12. nozknoz says:

The doll is strange, but I really like that bottle! Here’s hoping Lys and I are scent tins!

13. Alicia says:

Sorry, but the concept of this doll ruined it all for me.. The expectations of a “serious” fragrance are gone.

• thisismyname says:

It’s Marni. The brand is sophisticated but does not take itself too seriously at all. It’s clothes and accessories are always chic, but also light-hearted and quirky. While the image may not work for you, I feel that it is true to the brand DNA. If I’m remembering correctly, Marni did a promo video for their runway collection a few years back that was CGI doll-like figures in the clothes.

14. Annikky says:

I am not a big fan of the doll myself, but as Marni is a) a fashion house and b) known for quirkyness, I can see the logic behind this. Also, I believe marketing-wise they might be targeting the younger crowd (Marni for H&M customers?) with this specific, affordable option. Again, I can understand the point and more teenagers smelling like Marni is probably a good thing.