Y-3 Black Label ~ new fragrance

Y-3 Black Label fragrance

Y-3, the joint sportswear line of Yohji Yamamoto and Adidas, will launch Black Label, a new fragrance for men. The scent celebrates the brand's 10th anniversary.

Black Label was developed by perfumer Dorothée Piot; notes include cardamom, elemi, tagete, cedar, lavandin, black pepper, patchouli, vetiver and tonka bean.

Y-3 Black Label will launch in February, in 75 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via wwd)

1. kaos.geo says:

This would be the first Yohji fragrance in ages!
    I am still so pissed that they discontinued the original perfumes…

And who knows what is his level of involvement in all this, perhaps he just signs a contract and that’s it.

I could not tell you…it sure looks like he’s very involved w/ design at Y-3, but of course that doesn’t mean he had anything to do w/ the fragrance.

2. jbordeau says:

I guess it didn’t start with Guerlain, and Y is no more to blame than anyone else, but gee whiz….why do so many “new” men’s fragrances keep using variations on the Guerlain L’Instant PH bottle design? Sure, it’s classy and clunky, but…I expect too much. I don’t think it’s so much to ask to just put new fragrances into opaque glass or metal, either, knowing what we do about perfume photodegradation. Old Spice’s bottle must surely be cheap?

• relleric says:

I wonder if any of the manufacturers have thought of making bottles that block UV rays if made of transparent glass/plastic.
      I have Yohji Homme and love it, will try this and hope that it isn’t sporty or aquatic.

• Merlin says:

The problem is that I really like knowing exactly how much is left in the bottle…

I love opaque bottles just because of the look, but not sure they’re really all that popular.