Dior Homme Cologne by Christian Dior ~ new fragrance

Dior Homme Cologne

Christian Dior is introducing a new version of Dior Homme Cologne (you can see the 2007 version here). Like the others in this series, it will be fronted by actor Jude Law.

Dior Homme Cologne features notes of bergamot, citrus, grapefruit  blossom and white musk.

Dior Homme Cologne will be available in 75 and 125 ml; look for it in February.

(via femina.frmarieclaire.fr, cosmoty.de)

1. prism says:

while i do like the new bottle design, the lack of ‘Iris’ in the notes makes me worry.

why do they need a ‘Cologne’ if they have a sport flanker already?

• lucasai says:

Hi Prism! There’s no iris in it because it’s a fragrance created from zero. It’s not based on Dior Homme Cologne with iris, which is being taken off the stores and probably discontinued?

I can’t remember now if the original 2007 had iris or not? Doesn’t matter…Dior likes to reuse names. I think it’s a rudeness to their customers, to say nothing of confusing, but they do not tend to consult me on marketing issues :-)

• prism says:

it did/does contain iris. it’s just lighter and smells less gourmand. but still very much like Dior Homme.

2. lucasai says:

I’m looking forward to trying this new Dior Homme Cologne. I seriously need a nice citrus, cologne style perfume in my collection. Will definitely give it a try when it appears in Poland.

Robin, do you know when is it going to launch? I think I’ve spotted February somewhere?

• eaudemale says:

Try Mugler Cologne and for something stronger, Chanel Allure Edition Blanche.

• lucasai says:

I don’t really care for anything from Mugler and I like Allure Homme Edition Blanche but it’s not a bottle wirthy thing for me.

Yes, February is the official date.

3. eaudemale says:

Actually the Cologne (the original) came before the Sport flanker, which is awful.
    The vintage cologne is, or was, like the original Dior Homme, washed out a little bit with citrus in the opening, I still have half a bottle.
    This one sounds more like a flanker of the Dior Homme Sport.

Could be. Sounds clean, whatever it is. I loved how they used the word “timeless” in the press materials…ha, the last one didn’t last more than 5 years.

4. lupo says:

Looking forward to try this one, I’m a sucker for anything called “cologne” :) however, I never had the chance to smell the 2007 Dior Homme Cologne, which was very promising, but as Robin says, very short lived. Oh well.

5. Fabio says:

I was totally in love with the Original Dior Homme Cologne.

I get mad when I find out that it’s been dismissed, I visited many shops trying to find some bottles to stock but…. nothing!

When I saw the title, I hoped it was just a repackaging, but it’s not.

6. eminere says:

I like the elongated bottle and the minty blue hue.

7. Colin says:

Tried this a week or two ago. Very mild lemon scent without much else going on. Blah blah yawn.