Balenciaga Paris L’Eau Rose ~ new perfume

Balenciaga Paris L'Eau Rose

Balenciaga has launched Balenciaga Paris L'Eau Rose, the latest in the series that includes 2010's Balenciaga Paris and 2011's Balenciaga Paris L’Essence.

A sparkling violet fragrance. A twist of the iconic violet with a sparkling touch of blackberry and musk. The scintillating and youthful fragrance is a feminine scent that captures the sophistication of Balenciaga Paris with an enticing, floral musk.

L'Eau Rose was developed by perfumers Olivier Polge and Domitille Bertier; additional notes include rose, patchouli, cedar and cypress.

Balenciaga Paris L'Eau Rose can be found now at Nordstrom, in 50 ($90) and 75 ($115) ml Eau de Toilette.

(quote via nordstrom, additional information via voyancefrancaise)

Update: see a review of Balenciaga Paris L'Eau Rose.

1. JolieFleurs says:

It sounds kid of pretty but I guess I am wondering why this isn’t called Balenciaga Paris L’Eau Violette?

2. Lys says:

Fruity floral. No wait, fruitichouli. So it’s riding on the same coattails as 2012′s La Petite Robe Noire and Coco Noir? Blackberry violet rose musk patchouli could be LPRN and Coco Noir mixed together and resold.

I had forgotten Polge did Paris and L’Essence.

Yes, and he did such a good job on the other 2 that I’m hoping this will turn out to be great fun.

3. jonr951 says:

I don’t adore rose one bit, but I adore Balenciaga, so here’s hoping it really is a “sparkling violet”! : )

I would go for a sparkling violet, rose or no rose :-)

• jonr951 says:

NO rose! PLEASE! Haha! My Nordstrom has it and I’m NEVER going to get down there! Tears! Haha!

It was not at my Nordstrom last week. Luckily am going back there next week to pick something up that I had altered — I’ll look again.

• jonr951 says:

Yes, definitely look again! : )

4. APassionateJourney says:

Can’t wait! I’m excited! Thus far, I love all of their new releases

5. lupo says:

As a guy, I found L’Essence very wearable, and I was quite tempted to buy it for myself. This one does not sound more like a Body Shop thing, but maybe that’s just me being cinic!

6. FearsMice says:

I usually just shrug off perfume packaging, but this one, with its heavy black cap, seems especially unappealing — and at odds with the juice. A light-colored cap would have been better…

7. thenoseknows says:

Sounds lIke he’s trying to make his Version Of YSL’s “Paris” and i doubt it’ll be at all as OPULENTLY BEAUTIFUL! The others were in my opinion Ok bordering on HumDrum! and Florabotanica…. OH GOD WHAT A MESS!

8. springpansy says:

I’m going to see if I can find this today. I really like Balenciaga Paris L’Essence and the blackberry note in this new one sounds great to me. I’m curious to see how they’ve done and I’ll report back if my Nordstrom has it. (I have to agree with FearsMice about the cap, though, what were they thinking? The L’Essence bottle is especially beautiful IMO.)

9. jonr951 says:

Did you get to test this one yet Robin? I got a sample today and thank G it isn’t just ROSE! I definitely get the green from the original and L’Essence, which is a plus in my book because it stops it from smelling like the Bvlgari rose one that is simply just too much rose for me. I loved the fruitiness in the top. Blackberry and violet, oh my! Haha. It’s definitely on my want list. I so hope you enjoy it Robin, and everyone else as well! : )

Not yet! Back to the mall Weds, hopefully, & will look for it then.

10. eminere says:

Would love to smell this.