Chanel 1932 ~ new fragrance

Chanel 1932, Les Exclusifs

Chanel will launch Chanel 1932, a new addition to the Les Exclusifs collection.* The scent was reportedly inspired by Coco Chanel's first fine jewelry collection, which debuted in 1932 — prior to that year, the brand had only sold costume jewelry.

The notes feature jasmine, vetiver and iris.

Chanel 1932 will be available in 75 and 200 ml Eau de Toilette, and is due to launch in February.

(via cosmopolitan.frelle.fr)

*Chanel 1932 was made available to some Chanel jewelry customers in 2012.

Update: see a review of Chanel 1932.

1. littlecooling says:

Could be interesting. I like the very clean bottle :)

2. lucasai says:

I’m very looking forward to try it. Hope one of my friends will get a sample for me (shame on you Chanel you don’t have boutiques in Poland!)
    I’m not a vetiver lover but I love iris so maybe this combination will be a vetiver for me.

I think jasmine is supposed to be the “star” in this one.

3. Abyss says:

Can’t wait!

4. monkeytoe says:

Interesting that it uses the iris-vetiver combo since there was some speculation that the new exclusif would be a re-launch of Chanel Ivoire (1932) that had a orris-vetiver base.

• LaMaroc says:

Maybe it is, but they couldn’t use the name Ivoire because of Balmain’s of the same name? The Les Exclusifs have been more pleasing than disappointing for me, so I’ll definitely try it, but I am sure gun-shy after Noir. What a flaming failure (at least on my skin).

Interesting, thanks!

5. miss kitty v. says:

I love this scent. I just wrote a War and Peace-length comment about it, and my computer deleted it. :( I don’t have the patience to re-write it, so here’s my summation: It smells a bit like a classier version of Chance. I actually liked Chance, so to me that’s not a bad thing. But I know a few people who weren’t impressed with 1932, and that might be why. I think it’s very ladylike, very beautiful, and this may sound weird, but something fit for a princess. (I guess as opposed to say, Coco or Coromandel, which are more fit for a queen? Maybe?) I like it a lot, and could see wearing it every day, where it not for my two perfume cabinets filled with a gazillion other choices….

• ami says:

oh so sorry for not being able to read your W&P length comment on this Miss Kitty : (
      which note do you find most prominent (if any) the jasmine, the vetiver or the iris?

• miss kitty v. says:

It’s definitely the jasmine (which might be what reminds me so much of Chance), but it’s nicely abstract– not a whomp you on the head sort of jasmine. Creamy smooth and a little powdery.

Thank you for rewriting that much!

6. AnnieA says:

When I went to the Chanel counter at Holts this weekend the SA showed me *19*, as if if I had never heard of it, rather than her not yet having heard about 1932. Harumph

7. Bee says:

other shop, other country, same experience..

• Bee says:

oos, that was a reply to AnnieA

8. Merlin says:

Someone described it as a combo of Rue Cambon and La Pausa; anyone agree with this?

• Antar says:

Indeed Merlin I got the same feeling when I had the chance to smell it. My immediate reaction : “A tweaked version of 31 Rue Cambon !” Jasmine notes are really dominant in this frag. Really floral but nicely done though. I like it. I do get also the 28 La Pausa vibe in the drydown. ^^

• Well if that’s the case ( a sort of “31 La Pausa” morph) I’m in huge trouble!

9. Emily says:

Let’s see … I’m a sucker for jasmine, a sucker for iris, a sucker for upscale Chanel frags, a sucker for vintage jewelry (however tangential its involvement here), and while I’m not necessarily a sucker for it, I don’t object to vetiver. Guess I’ll be trying this.

10. maggiecat says:

Oooh! Oooh! A new Chanel! With jasmine! Can’t wait!

11. body67 says:

i have really good friends in the chanel boutique and they’ve gifted my wife (ahead of its release) a 200ml bottle of this. it’s a very nice, safe, pretty, elegant floral, jasmine, powder, sandalwood. VERY feminine. not one of my favourite from their les exclusifs line but it smells damn good on my wife. and you can’t say ‘no’ to a freebie (well, gift).

12. thenoseknows says:

OHMIGOD!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT! Love ALL THINGS CHANEL! This sounds DELIRIOUSLY Wonderful! Hope to get a whiff or sample of this soon, may ask My Sales Person at Chanel Boston to send me a sample when i order Bois De Iles for my Mom’s Bday!

13. eminere says:

I guess fine jewellery smells like jasmine, vetiver and iris.

14. body67 says:

jasmine is the most proeminent in this, i forgot to add.

15. thenoseknows says:

Hopefully… Next releases in Les Exclusifs will be Some new Variations On No. 46 (which SHOULD BE Re-Released as a Full Out Chanel Fragrance) Or Ivoire (there would be no Problems with Balmain… the name belonged to Chanel FIRST!) or perhaps the Mysterious and Little Known No. 21… or Maybe the Glorious No. 55 I quiver at the thought of what Polge or even Sheldrake could do with those old formulas in terms of keeping them true to the scent but Adapting them to Modern Time….

Dreaming of a day when No. 46 (which i have heard is A Better Composition than No. 5) will be amongst us once again!

16. hajusuuri says:

Woohoo! Sounds like a candidate for discretionary play money. I’m glad the 75mL is available at launch instead of making us wait for the smaller size some time later.