The Body Shop Rose Oud ~ (not a new) fragrance

The Body Shop Rose Oud

The Body Shop launched Rose Oud in 2009 or 2010:*

Envelop yourself in the scents of delicate rose and intense agarwood - a union of seduction and romance. New Rose Oud pays tribute to the precious rose. Its seductive scent is sure to stir the senses.

The Body Shop Rose Oud is available in 50 ml Eau de Parfum, and can be found at The Body Shop in the United Arab Emirates. A collection of matching body products appears to be discontinued.

(via thebodyshop.ae)

*and I just found out about it today — hat tip to Nick Gilbert! It looks like they also had an Amber Oud in 2011. Thought it was worth announcing this very old news after some discussion here and on Twitter about whether or not the oud thing is over. (Hint: it is not over)

1. Merlin says:

Actually would have liked to try this – pity its only in the Emirates…

Same here! Looks like it was also in the UK at some point, but no more.

2. Omega says:

I would have liked to too.

Not holding out hope if they already tried it & axed it in the UK, but you never know.

3. Trollet says:

I bought Amber Oud on Ebay.co.uk a couple of weeks ago (unsniffed, of course). Still haven’t decided if I like it, there’s something about that perfume that bothers me, and not really in a good way. Maybe I will warm up to it with time… I will not be hunting for the Rose one though.

4. fatih sultan mehmed says:

Are they crazy? Do they really not care that maybe in the rest of the World other people would like to buy it too!!! Come on, I really hate it when a brand is doing this! I am going to ask the Body Shop here in Amersfoort, where I live, why they are doing this. Maybe they can give me a proper answer or even better get me a bottle of this!

Good luck!

• fatih sultan mehmed says:

Thanks Robin :D.

My point is: there are hunderds of perfumes with Oud in it availlable in tje UAE and even pure Oud oil. So why would you just distribute it to a small country and not to other countries too? Isnt that more profitable? If I was living in the UAE and have a lot of money, I will go first to the Amouage store without going to The Body Shop.

5. Marjorie Rose says:

Only reason I read this was to check and see if it got my new favorite tag line: “oud has jumped the shark.”

:D

6. Carine Yezn says:

It’s not a new launch, there’s also another collection called Amber Oud that smells very orintal. It’s only available I guess in the middle east market cause these kind of scents are popular & loved among arab folk.