Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli ~ new fragrance

Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli

Atelier Cologne has launched Mistral Patchouli, a new unisex fragrance:

Just as they could not stop the winds from blowing, nor could they stay apart any longer. They left everything behind, but they were together, fearless and free. They laughed in the sea salt air and shared a final moment on land before setting sail under the luminous blue sky

Mistral Patchouli was developed by perfumer Jérome Epinette; notes feature grapefruit, black pepper, star anise, iris, incense, geranium, patchouli, benzoin and vetiver.

Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli is available now for pre-order, in 30 or 200 ml Cologne Absolue ($70 / $185), at Luckyscent.

(via luckyscent)

Update: see a review of Mistral Patchouli.

1. pigoletto says:

I reckon someone stole this copy off the back of a Harlequin Romance.

It’s the story that left off w/ Rose Anonyme & Vetiver Fatal, I think.

2. Rappleyea says:

You certainly couldn’t tell it from the notes, but all of the talk about sea, and salt and sailing make it sound like an aquatic/marine scent. I love patchouli and fondly hope that it becomes the next “oud” (or pink pepper). ;-)

So sorry I cannot vote with you on this one!

• Emily says:

Well, I’ll second that. (goes off to drench self in Voleur de Roses)

• Rappleyea says:

You smell mahvelous!

3. Emily says:

This sounds really appealing, silly Harlequin-romance storyline aside. I recently bought a small bottle of Grand Neroli and have my eye on Bois Blonds. A patchouli with saline notes (as opposed to Calone) could be interesting, though I’m not really seeing where those notes might come from in this one … maybe the vetiver could have that effect?

4. Merlin says:

I like almost everything from this line, but I don’t think even Atelier could make me like Patchouli. I read so much good stuff about Ford’s Noir Noir and when I smelled it – nothing but patchouli, sticking at the back of my throat. An improvement though, cos most of the time it rasps!