Bunch o’ limited edition collector bottles 2012, part 26

More limited edition collector fragrance bottles, with the usual disclaimers: in most of these cases, the juice is unchanged, just the bottle is “special” (or not, as the case may be), and some of these may not be available in the US.

Lalique de Lalique, collector edition 2013

From Lalique, the 2013 collector's edition of Lalique de Lalique: "For this 2013 Limited Edition Crystal Libellule, the bottle showcases an extraordinary dragonfly cloaked in black. The generously sculpted clear bottle is decorated with delicately hand—polished concentric circles, repeated waves of water on which the body of the beautiful dragonfly rests, plunging into the delicious fragrant nectar. A double pair of gracefully outstretched wings draws on an alternating interplay of shine and matte crystal. This entire satin finishing, paired with the geometry of the wings creates a veil of crystal in the Art Deco style." $1800 for 100 ml Extrait de Parfum at Neiman Marcus.

Armani Crystal Edition

From Giorgio Armani, a special collector edition of his first fragrance (from 1982) in a bottle by La Cristallerie Saint Louis, inspired by the original Pierre Dinand design. One hundred numbered editions, two of which can reportedly be found at Heathrow's T5 terminal " in a dedicated area close to the Armani/Privé wall", £6460. (via moodiereport, trbusiness, beaute-addict)

Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne Édition Singulière

From Yves Saint Laurent, Parisienne all done up in black for the Parisienne Édition Singulière. In 50 ml Eau de Parfum, due to launch early next year. (via grazia.fr)

Calvin Klein CK One Shock Street Edition

From Calvin Klein, CK One Shock in the Street Edition. Available in 50 or 100 ml Eau de Toilette, for women (white bottle) and men (black bottle), at Profumomania in Italy.

Clinique Happy in Bloom

From Clinique, a new bottle for Happy in Bloom: "Happy in Bloom celebrates the spirit of spring, offering a fresh, crisp floral scent that combines key notes of yellow plum, a cocktail of frozen fruit, white freesia and mimosa, plus a whisper of transparent amber and white wood." $48 at Dillard's.

Jean Paul Gaultier collector bottle of Classique

From Jean Paul Gaultier, another in the long series of collector editions of Classique. In 100 ml Eau de Toilette, available at Douglas in Austria.

1. akimon says:

I have a bottle of the original Armani parfum and it looks a lot better than this bleeding crystal version. I am curious, though, what kind of IFRA-compliant juice it contains.

Just based on the pictures I’ve seen, I’d totally agree…not an improvement at all.

2. JolieFleurs says:

That Lalique bottle is stunning.

3. odonata9 says:

Oh, how I want that Lalique bottle!

4. Abyss says:

Ah, how wonderfully striking that Lalique bottle is!

Might be my favorite of all of them. Some years they’re really “too too”, this is just right.

• nozknoz says:

Totally agree. Maybe they’ll do one of their nice minis of this one, too? I’ve come very close to hitting BUY on the one of those (the stopper with the pair of sea nymphs).

5. Thalia says:

If any of you haven’t finished Christmas shopping for me yet, one of those Lalique bottles would be just the thing, thanks.

• Merlin says:

Thanks for the heads up!

6. juicejones says:

It costs more than my first car! I remember “splurging” on a 2.5 oz. Parure wave bottle w/ bakelite stand when it was new. It put me back $15; a tidy sum in the day.
    Now, granted, this is stunning, but c’mon! This is not based on perfume or glass artistry, only luxury.
    At least the price isn’t $1835. That random pricing cranks me up more than the round numbers.
    Crabby Appleton……..out!

7. Marjorie Rose says:

You know, when I first saw that Lalique bottle, I thought, “oh, that’s kinda pretty!” Then I saw the price and decided, “meh, not so much!” I think I would have to approach these luxury bottles like collecting works of art, but the down side is you can’t display it without risking the juice! Not a choice I would make.

• juicejones says:

There you go, M.R., giving an adult response.
      I, on the other hand, woke up from a flu nap and picked a fight w/ a perfume bottle. Ha!

• olenska says:

I hesitate to say this… but in comparison to historical Lalique designs, this new Lalique looks a bit cheap to me. I know this makes me the killjoy to end all killjoys– but what can I say?. It resembles an awkward Lalique knockoff at best– lacking the sinuous quality of other flacons from this historic designer.

8. hajusuuri says:

I keep thinking “Noir” should be part of the name for Parisienne Édition Singulière…what with the black bottle and all!

9. eminere says:

Not liking any of these.

10. Joanne says:

I have to admit I don’t see the dragonfly “properly.” I see a man’s face and neck, head turned to the left, hair parted almost down the middle, with wings sprouting from the back of his head. Gosh. Maybe I need a nap.