Jardins D’Ecrivains La Dame aux Camelias ~ new fragrance

Jardins D’Écrivains La Dame aux Camélias

French niche line Jardins D’Écrivains has launched La Dame aux Camélias, a new fragrance for women named for the Dumas novel.

La Dame aux Camélias is an invitation to love. It awakens an eternal spring of feelings. A fragrance for nudity. Absolute harmony, sweet as a kiss, fresh as a budding romance, mysterious like the night.

The notes feature verbena, cardamom, orange blossom, violet, rose, camelia, tonka bean, musk and cade wood.

Jardins D’Écrivains La Dame aux Camélias can be found now at Beautyhabit, in 250 ml 'Cologne de Nuit', $150.

(via beautyhabit)

1. JolieFleurs says:

I tend to hold off on the nudity for awhile in my budding romances and I’m not sure how fresh can be mysterious, but this sounds rather pretty. Does the cardamom seem out of place to anyone else?

:-)

I really liked their first scent, George, hope this one is nice too. I do love cardamom, can’t tell from a list of notes if it’s a good fit or not.

• BlackRaspberry says:

The titular Dame aux Camélias in Dumas’ novel was a prostitute. So, for her, nudity and budding romance probably coexisted a bit more seamlessly. :-D

• JolieFleurs says:

LOL!

• Bela says:

She wasn’t a common prostitute; she was a courtesan. There’s a subtle difference.

• Dilana says:

This is the story where she dies of tuberculosis, isn’t it?

• RoseRed says:

Yep and Greta Garbo played her in “Camille” where she famously and glamourously coughed her life away, thereby creating or at least popularizing the Hollywood invention of “The Movie Disease,” a mysterious illness that only affects young, beautiful, rich, glamourous women. There are few symptoms and they never look sick, just one hiccup and then they die in their lover’s arms *SWOON* lol. Truthfully I was hoping for something more classic or sexy from a scent attached to such a famous personality. I guess even fictional characters have Celebrity Scents now. Has anyone smelled this? Is it as boring as it looks? Or maybe I’m just being cynical.

• pigoletto says:

It could be worse. You could have had something like marshmallow in it!

2. littlecooling says:

This sounds like a wonderful spring perfume :)

Might be!

• Dilana says:

Seems to me like we are seeing a bunch of announcements for aspirants for Valentine’s Day gifts.
      Of course, in some places, Feb 14, is pretty close to spring.

• Cornlily says:

Hey, in California, north of San Francisco, the daffodils have been blooming for quite a while. Can spring be far behind?

3. RoseRed says:

I’m a little disappointed that for a perfume attached a lady so associated with camelias, that camelia is the 6th (!) note listed, shouldn’t it be the top note? *pouts*

Most camellias aren’t scented anyway, if that helps.

• RoseRed says:

*chuckles* true *grins*

4. maggiecat says:

Chanel has a limited edition camellia perfume at one time…I wonder how this compares? It sounds pretty, anyway.

• RoseRed says:

ooh, that Would be an interesting comparison :) Has anyone smelled either? What were your thoughts?

5. fleurdelys says:

Hey, at least there’s no fruit! It might have been appropriate for Marie Duplessis, the very young courtesan on whom Dumas based his book (he was also one of her lovers). Her career was short, starting when she was about sixteen and ending with her death from TB at 23. The notes for this make it sound like it would be a very romantic, pretty, and youthful fragrance.

• RoseRed says:

Yes, thank gawd no fruit. And true, the original Lady of the Camellias was young so a less sophisticated scent would be fine for her. I’d luv to see a scent done for Greta Garbo though, something jaded and dramatic and with a touch of camellia to honor her making the role of “Camille” unforgetable.

6. pigoletto says:

I love this bottle and atomizer. Reminds me of the pale, pale pink juice in the discontinued Zita and the lovely tassle atomizer it had.