Hermes Jour d’Hermes ~ new perfume

Hermès Jour d'Hermès

Hermès has launched Jour d'Hermès, a new fragrance for women:

De l’aube au crépuscule, un floral lumineux et charnel qui affleure.

From dawn to dusk, a light floral and carnal flush.*

Jour d'Hermès was developed by Hermès house perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena.

Hermès Jour d'Hermès is available in 50 and 85 ml Eau de Parfum, and in a 125 ml refill. It is available now in Hermès boutiques, and will go into wider distribution early next year.

(via france.hermes)

* Google translation.

Update: see a review of Jour d'Hermès.

1. Abyss says:

Yay, a new Hermés is always a must sniff for me.

Funnily enough, was I putting on some Santal Massoia this morning and wondering when they would bring out something new.

There is a review on Grain de Musc, it sounds lovely. Luckily I have to run to the mall anyway to return something, so I am going to test it today.

• Veronika says:

Can’t wait to see your opinion, Robin!

• Abyss says:

Oh, is there? I’m woefully behind other blogs so I’ll have to go take a look.

I probably won’t get to Hermés for a few weeks so I will be looking forward to your review since I agree with your impressions more often than not.

2. kristinacologne says:

The desciption doesn’t do much for me but a new Hermès is certainly news! I’m wondering when they will bring out the next in the Hermessence line, has been a while…

It does seem like a long while. Hopefully we’ll see another next year.

• Joe says:

Funny, it almost seems to me like Santa Massoia was just launched. Was it spring?

It was 2011! (Two gajillion years ago in perfume time)

3. Alex00 says:

I wasn’t really expecting for this one. It doesn’t seem like so long ago since voyage d’hermès was released.

Altough i think it won’t suit me very well, an hermès release always catches my attention. can’t wait to read the opinions.

4. Veronika says:

So is it a flower scent? Or flower oriental? Does it have a warm long lasting base or does it fade in a matter of 3-4 hours like the Jardins do?

5. ladymurasaki says:

I’ve just read the review on Grain de Musc and it sounds absolutely delightful. Can’t wait to try it!

• Abyss says:

Octavian at 1000 Fragrances seems very positive too, describes it as “beautiful”.

6. Ari says:

I don’t think even Jean-Claude Ellena could make sweet pea enjoyable for me, but it’s always exciting to see a new Hermes!

7. Coumarin says:

Had a very pleasant talk with the store manager at my local Hermés, wherein I acquired a sample of this and about five other samples. No instant love sniffed from the tester-tile, but I left wearing Santal Massoia because they didn’t have any samples of that particular one (VdH base skewed warm and cozy instead of clean and herbal). I can’t wait to wear it, though. :)

8. Bee says:

oh dear, I’ll see if I manage enough courage to enter the nearest Hermès boutique, it does sound enticing (well, based on your fellow blogger Denyse B.’s review!)

9. Eva S says:

I just adore that bottle! And me who just bought Ambre de Merveille, 13 of JCE:s scents for Hermes should be enough…

• Coumarin says:

The bottle is beautiful: a magnetic cap (a wink to Chanel), and nice, heavy glass. No plastic in sight!

10. plainyokel says:

Totally intrigued. I’m worried that it may have too many white flowers for me, though. Looking forward to your review!

11. Nile Goddess says:

Like the name. Great idea marketing-wise. After a Jour D’Hermes you can have a Nuit D’Hermes and then Matin D’Hermes and Soir D’Hermes and afternoon and elevenses etc.

Notes-wise, I usually stop reading after the word “floral” :-(

12. Joe says:

Definitely looking forward to trying this. Love Hermès scents.

13. solley says:

I don’t try Hermes, I buy it. Well, I wish I’d have all Hermes perfumes. I can’t wait to wear this. I love “floral”!