Bottega Veneta Eau Legere ~ new fragrance

Bottega Veneta Eau Légère

Bottega Veneta will launch Bottega Veneta Eau Légère, a new fragrance for women, in February. Bottega Veneta Eau Légère is probably a flanker to the brand's debut perfume, Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum, but I will update when I have more information.

The notes include floral notes, gardenia, musk and oak moss.

Bottega Veneta Eau Légère will be available in 30, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via fashionmonitor)

Update: Bottega Veneta Eau Légère is a flanker to the original, and was developed by the same perfumer, Michel Almairac...

Bottega Veneta Eau Légère illuminates the brightest, freshest facets of the Bottega Veneta fragrance, offering a soft, sparkling, and intensely individual signature. Master perfumer Michel Almairac, whose aim was to achieve a gentle freshness while “preserving the soul of the Bottega Veneta original,” describes the act of creating Bottega Veneta Eau Légère as “passing the original fragrance through a waterfall.”

The leathery floral chypre features dazzling top notes that maintain the identity of the eau de parfum while providing a new brilliance. The heart of the fragrance continues to radiate through its unique floral accord, now animated by delicate gardenia. A combination of musk and oak moss creates a trail that is feminine and graceful.

(via press release)

Another update: see a review of Bottega Veneta Eau Légère.

1. Omega says:

Oak moss, yay..gardenia?? Runs for the hills, lol. Not my kind of white flower!

2. turbovivi says:

Love love love the original Eau de Parfum, but traditionally don’t do well with gardenia. I’ve yet to find a gardenia that I can wear without feeling like I need a shower after an hour.

Don’t know if this is a variation on the original or not — if it is, imagining that the gardenia will not be heavy.

• Omega says:

Ya, I wouldn’t think it would be heavy either.

• turbovivi says:

I have a bottega shop here locally. I should ask my contact when they’ll be getting it in. I hope it is before Saks or Neiman though.

3. Omega says:

I feel ya! lol

4. AnnS says:

I’ll be interested in sniffing this as I like the original a lot – but IMHO the original is pretty light for a leathery patch. The addition of the floral notes may be interesting.

It is light. Will be curious to see the Coty press materials for this.

5. Hmm, sounds like my kind of thing, but not very like the original, which was more apricot suede-y. Await with interest!

6. maggiecat says:

I quite like the original, and like gardenias as a rule – definitely worth a sniff, what with the holidays coming up and all :-)

7. thenoseknows says:

This Sounds like it might be a NEW Fragrance altogether… the Notes sound nothing like anything in the first scent and they have changed the decor of the bottle considerably outside of the shape… and GARDENIA…. And Bottega….I AM IN INSTANT LOVE! CANNOT WAIT to smell this since the original is one of my Scents i’d want to be alone with on a desert Isle! :-)

Now just for a MEN’S BV Fragrance!

8. RavynG says:

it smells nothing like the original to me. I like it. Definitely Chypre and leather-ish on me. I really do not smell much gardenia…..more of meadow/grassy hint than gardenia.