Bunch o’ limited edition collector bottles 2012, part 23

More limited edition collector fragrance bottles, with the usual disclaimers: in most of these cases, the juice is unchanged, just the bottle is “special” (or not, as the case may be), and some of these may not be available in the US.

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle prestige edition 2012

From Lancôme, a prestige 450 ml edition of La Vie Est Belle created by French glassmakers Verreries Brosse. 146 numbered bottles at €1990 each. (via marieclaire.fr)

Yves Rocher Comme Une Evidence limited edition 2012

From Yves Rocher, Comme Une Evidence in a limited edition bottle for Holiday 2012. $29 for 50 ml Eau de Parfum, at Yves Rocher USA.

Thierry Mugler Angel Precious Star

From Thierry Mugler, the Angel Precious Star edition: "To celebrate the 20th anniversary of ANGEL, Thierry Mugler offers the ANGEL Precious Star, honoring the celestial inspiration that brought to life the first gourmand fragrance. The 0.8 oz. refillable Star is embellished with shimmer that enhances the iconic Star shape and a delicate anniversary medallion to commemorate the occasion. Displayed in a special theatrical box, the ANGEL Precious Star is captured in a mirror effect that unveils by opening a delicate black satin ribbon." $78 at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Coach Signature metallic edition

From Coach, Coach Signature in a silver metallic finish: "A perfect gift for the holiday season. Her favorite classic Coach Signature and bottled in this festive limited-edition metallic bottle." $98 for 100 ml at Dillards.

1. Veronika says:

Is there a new limited Eau des Merveilles bottle this year? Those were cute!

I am sorry to say that I don’t even remember…there were definitely bottles for Terre d’Hermes & 24 Faubourg, but not sure about Merveilles.

• Veronika says:

Maybe you can help me with this: I’m currently looking for a pretty travel-size refillable bottle to pour in there my favourite juice that doesn’t come with it’s own spray.
        Something like 20 ml Chanel N5 or recent Dior 20 ml purse sprays. But I’m not sure that it would be easy to do the procedure myself at home. Is it easy to fill them with my own perfume?

Here you go:

Nordstrom & Sephora both sell travel sized atomizers pretty reasonably priced.

• Merlin says:

If you are hesitant about actually opening and decanting your bottles there is also this atomiser called Travalo. It takes much less than 20mls and is rather pricey, but the nice thing about it is that you simply take the nozzle off your bottle and plug the bottom of the travalo into the sprayer stalk (under the nozzle) and then pump the perfume in. No need then for any further equipment or complications!

• Emily says:

I have a Travalo, and I love it. It’s absolutely worth the money, especially if you travel a lot and don’t want your perfume to leak all over your luggage (which is what happened when I tried a bargain-basement travel atomizer).

• I found this tidbit in another NST post. ..The last limited edition bottle was back in February of this year. “The bottle featured a “dragonfly fairy” by illustrator Alice Charbin.”

Maybe they only do one per year?

Right, I remember that one! Yes, I think they usually only do 1 a year.

2. happy888cat says:

I have read somewhere (I think also from Thierry Mugler’s website too?) that this Angel is suppose to smell different from the original?
    I could be very wrong.. Can anybody clear this out for me? Thanks.

Can only say that I have not heard that. There is a leather version out at the moment, in case that’s what you’re thinking of.

3. hajusuuri says:

I wish Coach would bring back the bottles with a real hang tag – the printed one just doesn’t cut it.

4. Mel27 says:

I think I would go for the La Vie Est Belle bottle – so gorgeous

5. AmyT says:

I wonder how many different versions of the Angel bottle have been released in the past 20 years? That would be a beautiful collection!