Bath & Body Works Dark Amber ~ new fragrance

Bath & Body Works Dark Amber

Earlier this fall, Bath & Body Works launched Dark Amber, a new fragrance for men:

Dark Amber is a smooth blend of fresh bergamot and warm amber. Just spray and go!

Additional notes include apple and fresh air.

Bath & Body Works Dark Amber is available in 100 ml Cologne ($30) and in matching grooming products.

(via bathandbodyworks, hat tip to NinaraPoll!)

1. Merlin says:

“Just spray and go!’, not like other perfumes which require you to hoot three times and then do a backflip straight after applying.

• marko says:

That’s all? My fragrances demand that I recite the Declaration of Independence BACKWARDS 3 times before I’m allowed to go.
      Maybe we should give this a try – it does sound a lot easier….

• Merlin says:

Maybe we should – but it could make us lazy!

• Marjorie Rose says:

LOL! You both crack me up! Thanks.

Clearly, they could not think of anything to say — that cracked me up.

2. Rictor07 says:

This is the lightest amber i have ever experienced. It is fresh and rather powdery. Nothing dark about it.

Thanks!

• Merlin says:

Why call it ‘Dark Amber’ if you list ‘Fresh Air’ as a note?

3. VanMorrisonFan says:

We should make a betting pool on the flanker names for every new fragrance…For this one I have dibs on Dark Amber Sport, Dark Amber Intense, and Dark Amber Sauvage.

4. Omega says:

The whole ad is laughable and I don’t care for bbw stuff, sorry but it’s cheapo crap! I did kinda like Japanese Cherry Blossom, their best release imo.

5. Omega says:

I did hear good things about their magnolia scent that’s discontinued though.

6. RavynG says:

I still have a bottle of their Warm Vanilla Sugar and use it to layer (it works very well with Givenchy Pi–the original that my husband says was too soft for him.) This Dark Amber is NOT dark. It is maybe another one I would keep for layering–when the perfume industry runs out of scent combinations that already have amber in them (yeah right). My guess for the next flanker is Darker Amber Oud.

7. RavynG says:

BTW–I use many B&BW to spray linens and sheets and blankets. But I have not been too impressed since 2009-2010.

8. hajusuuri says:

I’m hooked on the B&BW anti-bacterial hand gel. Normally, I only use unscented but this year’s holiday batch was yummy. My latest loves – Blue Chiffon, Cookie Dough and Gingerbread. And…they also have the cutest Sock Monkey holder for the pocket-sized gels.

• mossygreen says:

I hate the scents but love the holders! Have not seen the monkey yet; will have to check it out.