Marc Jacobs Sunshine Editions ~ new fragrances

Marc Jacobs Daisy Sunshine editions

Marc Jacobs will launch the limited edition Marc Jacobs Sunshine Editions (Daisy Sunshine Edition, Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine Edition and Oh, Lola! Sunsheer Edition) in February 2013.

Daisy Sunshine Edition (shown above left) ~ a 'lush' fruity floral flanker to Daisy, with red currant, guava, mandarin, muguet, violet, lychee, apricot skin, blonde woods and musk. Developed by perfumer Harry Fremont. In 50 ml Eau de Toilette.

Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine Edition (shown above right) ~ a 'playful' fruity floral flanker to Daisy Eau So Fresh, with strawberry, apple blossom, pink grapefruit, jasmine, day lily, rose, violet leaf, oakmoss and amber wood. Developed by perfumer Harry Fremont. In 75 ml Eau de Toilette.

Oh, Lola! Sunsheer Edition (shown below) ~ a 'sheer' fruity floral flanker to Oh, Lola!, with raspberry, wild strawberry, pear, peony, magnolia, cyclamen, vanilla, sandalwood and tonka bean. Developed by perfumer Calice Becker. In 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! Sunsheer Edition

(via press release)

1. littlecooling says:

Maybe they should write: with the slightest dash of okamoss! In Daisy Oh So Fresh.
    Why oh why all these flankers. None of them seems interesting.

Ah, MJ will be flankerizing these til kingdom come…they still sell!

• littlecooling says:

I don’t get it. If some of them were good, I understand. But no. And I hard rumors about Dot flankers. Why? Dosen’t it smell enough of cucumber salad?

They’re easy to wear light fragrances for young people, and they sell. There isn’t much more to understand :-)

• littlecooling says:

You’re right :D Thank God, there is still some good fragrances out there :)

• pigoletto says:

I love cucumber! The good cucumber scents seem to have gotten axed before their time – Fresh Cucumber Baie, and Marc Jacobs Cucumber splash.

Marc Jacobs does seem to recycle the Splash series though, so maybe cucumber will come back?

2. peter says:

The first thing I thought of when i saw the Daisy bottles was the “colorful” afro wig from Madagascar 3!

3. jneururer says:

I am almost sorry I subscribed to this blog! Most of the users are sooo negitive! Snobs!

It is true that many of the readers here greet new mainstream fragrances with negative comments, so if that doesn’t suit you, you might be happier elsewhere. There are other fragrance sites that announce new fragrances but have a readership more oriented towards mainstream fragrances — try fragrantica.

4. jneururer says:

I have worked in the fragrance industry 15+ yrs. I joined the blog because I thought I might get some good Info. Since I work in sales….I happen to know a lot about fragrance. I just wanted updates . If Idont care for. Fragrance I just don’t comment! I even find you to leave negative comments on your reviews….. Why dont you leave our the mainstream fragrances and stick to the boring old ones!

We obviously have different ideas about fragrance and about fragrance blogging, that’s all I can say — as I said, you can probably find another website more suited to your tastes, and I wish you luck in finding one.

• pigoletto says:

Someone’s totally spritzed themselves in the eye this morning….

5. kelly 4 says:

I have loved and been wearing perfume for over 25 years.I really like this blog and have learned so much. I just saw Madagascar 3 with my 4 year old. I got a good laugh with the bottle/wig comparison.

6. prism says:

they sound like Escada summer frags. and i’m a-okay with that! :D

Could well be, & surprised that Escada seems to have given up that series.

7. jneururer says:

Robin I am sure there are many other fragrance blogging websites and I “will” look elsewhere for a better site….at least where people are not so negative and boring…..maybe if your reader’s knew a bit more about fragrance they wouldn’t have to copy cat every thing you say….you people are pathetic! Good luck to you……

• mutzi says:

We’re negative and boring. Hello pot, meet kettle.

• jneururer says:

Mutzi …..you don’t even know me.

• mutzi says:

I see the negative comments you’re posting here. Now, out of deference to Robin and the others on this board, I will drop this.

Mutzi, thank you for sticking up for NST. Your comment (as you probably know) is outside of the comment policy, as was Jneururer’s. I let his/her comments stand because although it was insulting, it did not seem directed at any one person. I’m going to let yours stand too because otherwise I think I need to delete the whole thread, but let’s all just let this issue drop now in the interest of keeping the peace :-)

8. nozknoz says:

I wish MJ would just sell fillable versions of the adorable bottles! ;-)

• Merlin says:

I like the original daisy bottle with the white flowers – but I think they have got progressively worse!

9. pigoletto says:

That Lola bottle is insanely cute. Love that shade of green – it pops with that burst of pink!

10. Omega says:

I like the original Daisy a lot..I know, but I do! Though…all these flankers are really too much..make it stop, lol. I like the original Daisy bottle..but seems like there’s been a huge surge in over-sized, tacky bottle tops ever since! I blame you Marc! lol. These offerings are ugly..just like any obnoxious bottle at the dep. store..including Dot..again..just should have stopped with Daisy. Ugh.

11. bluegardenia says:

The ubiquity, the popularity, the youth orientedness, and oh that bizarre kitsch plastic packaging – none of this ever appealed to me but I finally gave in and at least took the caps off the bottles at harrods recently and sniffed. To my surprise, all of them smelled good!!! (Except one which I think had a vanilla-patchouli thing going on.) Color me pleasantly surprised. I totally understand why they’re so popular now. Not that I’d be caught dead wearing them :)