Frapin Speakeasy ~ new fragrance

Frapin Speakeasy

Niche line Frapin has launched Speakasy, a new woody oriental fragrance:

Refreshed
 as
 Bacall
 in
 a
 black
 satin sheath.

Speakeasy was developed by perfumer Marc-Antoine Corticchiato (of Parfum d'Empire); additional notes include davana, orange, geranium, cedar, cistus, white musk and styrax.

Frapin Speakeasy is available now at Nose in France, in 100 ml Eau de Parfum, €96.

(via nose.fr)

1. lucasai says:

It smells amazing. Opening really has that smell of full-sized glass of mojito then it goes through a light leathery phase and in the drydown it smells mostly of immortelle, hay and leather leftovers. I found imortelle to be close to AG Sables but in Speakeasy it’s more like toned down.

• FragrantWitch says:

Lucas did you find the immortelle very sweet combined with the amber?

• lucasai says:

Not at all. It carried a nice balance between the sweetness of amber and spicyness of immortelle.

Thanks. Doesn’t really sound like my thing, but of course will try it eventually.

2. FragrantWitch says:

Sounds very intriguing but potentially very sweet . Will sniff!

3. RusticDove says:

This sounds really interesting to me. The only Frapin I know is 1270, which I adore and it’s rather sweet – but not cloying in the least. I hope to get to sniff this one.

Is that the one they reformulated? I could swear it used to be sweeter.

I do like the Caravelle Epicée.

4. Merlin says:

I’m not a big fan of Frapin, but I like two orientals from PdE, so I have high hopes for this one, though I don’t know if we will get it here (There is a shop that has one or two Frapins…)

5. Trebor says:

For a brief moment, I was expecting to see Bertrand Duchaufour’s name mentioned… :D

It’s sounds like an interesting release, though.