For the first time

From the folks at Chanel, some fun facts about Chanel No. 5, including the news that Brad Pitt is the next celebrity to front the fragrance (the new advertising is due to appear later this month). A little over 4 minutes long.

1. Kate says:

That was SO much fun to watch!

Agree — very nicely done, & I found it more entertaining than some of the “real” Chanel No 5 commercials. Not a huge Brad Pitt fan, but looking forward to seeing that commercial too.

2. ladymurasaki says:

Love Chanel No.5 for its place in history and for what Coco Chanel achieved, but not the fragrance itself, unfortunately! C’est dommage…

I don’t wear it either, not even the Premiere!

• TexasSnow says:

Oh sad I cannot wear it either. I do love the Eau Premiere formulation, though.

3. annemarie says:

I enjoyed this too. The thought struck that Chanel might have been paying attention to the success of some of the witty retro-style ads from companies like Penhaligon’s. It’s certainly a break from Chanel’s usual style.

Yes! Very different style for Chanel, but as often is the case, they upped the ante for other companies using this sort of ad.

4. jonr951 says:

Wow, did I love watching that. Thank you! Such a shame I don’t adore No. 5 in any way, shape, or form. Oh well. : )

5. Omega says:

Didn’t I leave a comment on this? LOL…anyways…I had enough of Brad Pitt way back when that dumb movie came out about fly fishing in Montana. Ugh.

• mough says:

[comment removed -- please see comment policy]

6. eaudemale says:

Amazing, incredibly interesting, I can perfectly see lots more people trying out and buying Chanel No. 5 and other Chanel fragrances mostly after Brad Pitt’s ads are released. The whole world is already talking about this and you can just see his hair and 7 words on youtube.

7. mina says:

I really don’t mean to be picky, but the accent of the narrator irritates me so that I can’t get through the video. I wish I could wear it but the vanilla (tonka bean) turns the whole thing too sweet…