Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura ~ new perfume

Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura

Elizabeth Arden has launched Red Door Aura, a new flanker to 1989's Red Door:

Feminine, sparkling, youthful and sophisticated. Red Door Aura is a dazzling, modern expression the signature Red Door. Developed by the same master perfumer who created Red Door, Red Door Aura opens with a sparkling introduction of Luscious Raspberry and Italian Bergamot. A contemporary sensual quality is added with woody notes and addictive creaminess. Sparkling with elegance and a subtle sensuality, Red Door Aura is perfect for days or nights when you want to express your effortless glamour.

Red Door Aura was developed by perfumer Carlos Benaïm; additional notes include orange blossom, rose, jasmine, amber, sandalwood and musk.

Elizabeth Arden Red Door Aura is available in 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

(via elizabetharden, additional information via cosmeticsmag)

1. Jillie says:

Well, it would be youthful wouldn’t it? Are any perfume houses bringing out fragrances for old crones, middle-aged harpies or straight up adults these days? I think I might be showing my age with my crotchety comment, and yes, I do realise that there are a few good scents out there, thank goodness. But honestly …..

I keep waiting for the middle aged harpy scent, but so far, no!

• FragrantWitch says:

They could call it ‘Shrew’ or ‘ Havisham’!

• pyramus says:

“Virago” would be an excellent name for a scent, because if you don’t know what it means it sounds exotic and frankly rather appealing. “For the woman who has everything except a civil tongue in her head. Virago. The new fragrance by Giorgio Armani.”

Miss Havisham is more a crazy old bat than a shrew, though. Mrs. Joe Gargery: now she’s a proper shrew.

• Anne from Makeupwoot says:

I long for one that embodies The Morrigan: Triple aspect goddess of battle, strife, and power.

• FragrantWitch says:

Virago would be fantastic! I didn’t mean to suggest Miss Havisham was a shrew more that she was one of 2 ‘types’ of woman that people tend to classify women of a certain age as. I would love a scent based on the Morrigan (as below) too!

• PekeFan says:

I’m waiting for Eau de Crone.

• Poppie says:

I’m thinking Bulgari Beldam might be a good name. Or Bulgari Blu Beldam, in keeping with their colors theme.

Really, if I see another pale pink fruity vanilla come out, I think I will run for the hills! Is this a response to true consumer demand, or is it something the tastemakers have decreed we will have this year? I dispare if this ‘pinkiness’ is a true reflection of the culture right now. What could it all mean?

2. Lindaloo says:

I suspect I will think of this as Pink Door.

• Poppie says:

Oh, now you’ve spoiled this scent for me; that name has a kind of creepy leery quality I don’t like.

LOL!

3. chrisskins says:

Maybe they can get Elle Fanning to do the commercial for Pink Door.

4. nozknoz says:

I’m excited to have a new flanker modifier: aura! And it will work so much better with other names, like Alien Aura, Aura de Samsara, Violet Blond Aura… :-)

5. CobraRose says:

They keep trying to lighten/soften/pinken this one. Remember Red Door Reveal? I think there was another one, too.

• CobraRose says:

Just checked NST under Elizabeth Arden–there’ve been *2* previous flankers–Red Door Velvet (the one I remembered) and Red Door Shimmer. Stop it! Stop it now!

6. hagertygal says:

Ahhhh. I personally despise the Original Red Door. But THIS? This is wonderful. I get a musky, bitter orange, followed by a creamy jasmine pudding. It lasts an impressive six hours on my skin. The silage is intrusive, yet not offensive. I have been wearing this for a whole week and I get nothing but compliments on it. My husband loves it, too! There is just the timy hint of raspberry that mingles along with the florals, but not in a foodie, edible way. My best blind buy yet.