Bvlgari Jasmin Noir L’Elixir & Mon Jasmin Noir L’Elixir ~ new fragrances

Bvlgari Jasmin Noir L'Elixir

Bvlgari has launched Jasmin Noir L'Elixir and Mon Jasmin Noir L'Elixir, new limited edition flankers to 2008′s Jasmin Noir and  2011′s Mon Jasmin Noir, respectively.

Jasmin Noir L'Elixir (shown) ~ "The limited edition and utterly luxurious perfume is adorned with an atomiser for diffused scenting. An intimate fragrance ritual that laces the skin decadently, and with the refined jeweller's art. The velvety Bvlgari Jasmin Noir L'Elixir seduces with notes of candied orange and pink pepper in the top notes, before a signature heart of sambac jasmine absolute and tuberose plunge the fragrance into darkness. A glittering dry down of balms and golden musk ensure opulence in the base notes."

Mon Jasmin Noir L'Elixir ~ "Bathed in light, Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir L'Elixir is made incandescent with immaculate notes of Angel Wing Jasmine, alongside Sambac Jasmine Absolute. This is brightly embellished with touches of bergamot and grapefruit flower in the top notes, and a decadent base of white nougatine, honeyed amber and golden musk."

Bvlgari Jasmin Noir L'Elixir and Mon Jasmin Noir L'Elixir can be found now at Escentual in the UK, in 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via escentual)

1. ChocolatEyes613 says:

That bottle is so beautiful!
    Why did they add “candied orange and pink pepper” to Jasmin Noir?

To make it more elixir-like? Seriously, for all I know, both were already in there.

2. eaudemale says:

Waiting for L’eau de Mon Jasmin Noir L’Elixir Eau de Parfum Intense Extreme.

Seriously.. those names.

They’ve already done L’Essence *and* L’Eau Exquise…they are getting lots of mileage out of these two.

• trax says:

Ha ha! Hilarious, thank you for giving me a good laugh in the morning :) Hugs!

3. liana l says:

candied orange & pink pepper…do not sound promising.

4. Lys says:

“Mon Jasmin Noir L’Elixir” makes no sense even by the industry’s convoluted standards.

L’Elixir = more intense and mature
    Mon = lighter and youthful

By that measure, Mon Jasmin Noir L’Elixir = unmodified Jasmin Noir.

• Lys says:

Oh yeah, I forgot about original Mon Jasmin Noir. Maybe they should have put brackets around MJN so you’d know what the L’Elixir modifies, like this:

[Mon Jasmin Noir] L’Elixir

• Merlin says:

At least with the brackets they might eke out a laugh!

5. maggiecat says:

I really do like this line and own a couple of bottles. But these names threaten to outdo even Narciso Rodriguez and his epnonymous line (is For her Musc Intense the one I like so much? or Essence musc intense for her? I’m confused…) Still the Mon Jasmin etc. sounds worth a try to me. I’ll rpobably have to buy if for myself though, if I like it – can’t see trying to explain these names to my family members without hearing them whimper.

6. JolieFleurs says:

Echoing everyone on the silliness of these names and will add that “bathed in light” seems an odd way to promote something with Noir in the title…

That being said, Bvlgari fragrances are generally winners for me, and I wish them well with these, though I won’t be springing for them.

7. thenoseknows says:

I never cared for Jasmin Noir to start with… One Kate Moss was the advert Face for the original launch and Loathe her With an UNHOLY Passion and the Scent was just too… Diffuse… the Jasmin was Never really JASMINE-Y Enough! I did’t mind that it wasn’t very “NOIR” Either (read what i had to say about Coco Noir) so… this doesn’t thrill me in any way… give me the Fabulous ELISIR D’AMORE That is Bvlgari Pour Femme! NOW THAT’S A JASMINE To Go Crazy For!

8. poodle says:

I do like a lot of this line but haven’t bought any full bottles yet. I’m a little curious to see how these compare to the originals. I agree with everyone else as far as the names go.

• amarie121 says:

How can anyone even think about perfumes with that precious Gravatar dog looking at them. Is he yours? What a total cutie!!!

9. MrsRabbit says:

I think I’ll try and get a sample next time I’m out. I like their green tea.

10. nozknoz says:

I’m just disappointed that Mon Jasmin Noir L’Elixir sounds like a flanker of a flanker of a flanker but isn’t, because they wasted Noir on the original. I guess we can still hope for MJNL’E Exquise, though! :-)

It is such a lost opportunity. And if only they had released Jasmin Noir as a flanker to Voile de Jasmin, which was a flanker to Bvlgari Femme, we’d be in real business here.

11. Tulip says:

I like the box design.

12. “angel wing jasmine”? Too funny. There must be an entire committee dedicated to coming up with new perfume note descriptions. ;-)