Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna ~ new fragrances

Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna

Ermenegildo Zegna will launch Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna, a new quintet of fragrances for men referencing the Ermenegildo Zegna Couture Collection, in December. It is the brand's first launch under new licensing arrangements with Estee Lauder.

The Essenze fragrances, which each focus on a "signature raw material", share a common note of bergamot.

Italian Bergamot (shown) ~ with bergamot, neroli, rosemary and vetiver.

Sicilian Mandarin ~ with notes of mandarin, bergamot, spearmint, petitgrain and moss.

Javanese Patchouli ~ featuring patchouli, bergamot, pink pepper, tonka bean and cedar wood.

Indonesian Oud ~ with oud, rose, amber, patchouli and bergamot.

Florentine Iris ~ with iris, bergamot, jasmine, violet and musk.

Essenze by Ermenegildo Zegna fragrances will be available in 125 ml, concentration unknown, $195 each. They will be in limited distribution.

(via wwd)

1. pigoletto says:

Please, for the love of humanity, would everyone stop with the mediocre (mainly) multiple ‘luxury’ scents?

• lucasai says:

How something can be called luxurious if it’s released in the number of 5 at a time. Luxury perfume should be released alone I think. And not every few months if you ask me.

I wonder how will they do. To me they look like kind of tacky…

It is getting comical, but whether it is yet to the point where casual fragrance consumers are noticing is hard to say.

And of course, it is within the realm of possibility that these are just fabulous. Can’t say they sound compelling though.

2. Rictor07 says:

i dont think these will do well if that is the only size they come in. The bottles are pretty lackluster looking as well.

In all fairness, it’s a lousy picture…will try to replace w/ a better one when I can.

3. VanMorrisonFan says:

The cost…yikes. I love bergamot….but no way am I paying that kind of dough. 125 ml is a tiny bit more than four ounces. Very impractical size for many consumers.

True, although they’re not after a market that thinks in practical terms.

4. eminere says:

Estee Lauder! Oh no…!

They were with L’Oreal before. If it were my brand, I’d rather be with Estee Lauder.