Diane von Furstenberg Love Diane ~ new fragrance

Diane von Furstenberg Love Diane

Diane von Furstenberg will launch Love Diane next month. The new fragrance for women features gourmand accents and is meant to be sexy and seductive.

Love Diane was developed by perfumer Honorine Blanc; the notes include red currant, apricot, jasmine, licorice and chocolate.

Diane von Fursteberg Love Diane will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

(via nobilis-group, cosmoty.de)

1. sounds like they pinked-up Diane!

And sugared it up while they were at it.

• Emily says:

Seriously — I’m hard pressed to imagine the chocolate and the licorice playing nicely together, but then I’m not that into chocolate perfume (or chocolate anything) anyway.

2. Lys says:

Coco Noir, Petit Fracas, La vie est belle, La Petite Robe Noire, now Diane? Is the whole world being pinkafied?

At least it isn’t pink juice :-)

• Lys says:

True, +1 for not being pink. But -1 for the lips.

3. Apparently says:

I waited for the previous flanker, Sunny Diane, but I don’t think it ever made it out of the DVF boutiques. Sephora was set to stock it and then mysteriously withdrew. I also saw Diane at steep discount in Marshalls pretty shortly after launch. Color me surprised that they are going forward with a new flanker!

Usually these are planned pretty far in advance, but also I really don’t know how well Diane did overseas. It certainly wasn’t a best seller in the US.

• I was assuming Diane was discontinued entirely in the US – I picked up a bottle at TJ Maxx for a steep discount, myself.

• levm2525 says:

Thanks, but I went to the local one and didn’t see it. At which TJ Maxx did you find this?

4. maggiecat says:

I agree with Emily – licorice and chocolate? Together? Ewwww…

5. poodle says:

I bought a Diane gift set for less than $20 at TJ Maxx. I wasn’t in love with the scent but it was nice and for that price, why not. One thing I have to say is whoever made the bottle/atomizer should get a big pat on the back. That thing sprays the most perfect mist of perfume. Compared to some bottles that spray like window cleaner and the others that spit like camels it’s just fabulous. Sometimes it’s the little things that amuse me the most. Anyway, I will sniff this because I like licorice.

• KateReed says:

That would be the best perfumista gag-gift ever, if someone could make a bottle that went “ahhhhhccccc…AHHHHHRRRRRCCCCHCHHHHHHH…pthouie!” when you uncapped and then sprayed it!

6. Warum says:

Chocolate is usually a no-go for me. At least it does not sound as obnoxious as tuberose + chocolate in petite Fracas.

7. happy888cat says:

Need to try the chocolate :) (Liqourice go away pls.)