Crabtree & Evelyn Himalayan Blue ~ new fragrance

Crabtree & Evelyn Himalayan Blue perfume bottle

Crabtree & Evelyn has launched Himalayan Blue, a new fragrance for women:

Discover an enigmatic fragrance inspired by the journey of early British explorers in search of the fabled blue poppy. Its exotic and mysterious scent captures the mesmerising beauty and breathtaking splendour of the Himalayas.

A beautiful fragrance that can be worn both day and evening ...An enigmatic blend of smoked black tea, warm ginger and spices, and golden champaca, touched with a mysterious accord of patchouli, leather notes, and exotic woods.

Crabtree & Evelyn Himalayan Blue is available in 30 ($25) and 100 ($45) ml Eau de Toilette and in matching bath & body products.

(via crabtree-evelyn)

1. This sounds nice, and the price is right…

2. JoElla says:

It does sound nice and worthy of a sniff.

3. Aparatchick says:

I love a good tea scent. And YAY for a 30 ml bottle!

4. Emily says:

I’m not up on what Crabtree and Evelyn has done lately, but this seems rather more ambitious than what I remember seeing in their stores (i.e., pleasant light florals — certainly no leather!).

5. Anne from Makeupwoot says:

Smoked black tea? Ginger? I’m in!

6. sweetgrass says:

After reading this I ran by the nearest place that sells Crabtree & Evelyn hoping they would have Himalayan Blue. No luck today but I do want to try it. C&E is not a line I’ve ever really given any thought to.. I just think of them as kind of prim, soft florals.. not my thing at all. I did try the Iris EDT, though, and I liked it. I’m not even a huge fan of iris, but it had a nice woodiness that worked nicely. I look forward to trying Himalayan Blue.

7. Squirrely says:

I agree with the general opinion of C&E being prim, perhaps a little anemic, but I also generally love the line. Simple soliflorals are just fine by me sometimes, familiar and easy. And oddly, I picked up a bottle of their Wisteria at TJ Maxx the other month for $12 and for some reason, my husband loves when I wear it (uh, no correlation to my earlier reference to “familiar and easy” I hope!)

8. hajusuuri says:

My local Crabtree & Evelyn has this! I was wearing OJ Woman this evening and spraying this on me was futile; however, on paper, it was nice — a soft blend of tea, flowers, spices and citrus. I did not get ginger, leather or patchouli but it could be the Woman interfering (I can’t believe I said that but there you go). An EDP of this would be even better.

Anyway, in perfumistamath, we all know that anything that costs below $25 is basically free so I went home with the 30mL bottle. The bottle itself has a nice heft to it and is very cute. The surface has a creamish tint to it…not as bright white as in the picture above.