Jovan Silky Rose, Secret Amber & Intense Oud ~ new fragrances

Jovan Silky Rose

Jovan has launched a new trio of unisex fragrances: Silky Rose, Secret Amber and Intense Oud.

Silky Rose (shown) ~ "Revel in the opulence of Silky Rose, a captivating floriental fruity fragrance. At the top, spicy rose unites with earthy patchouli leaves and crisp redcurrant to intrigue the senses. This enticing fusion gives way to a bouquet of opulent rose, orange flower and jasmine nectar, which gently lifts and intrigues. Finally, the woody oriental trail reveals a seductive blend of golden amber, vanilla woods and sensual musks."

Secret Amber ~ "Luxuriate in the sensual warmth of Secret Amber, an elegant gourmand fragrance. As the fragrance unfolds, its unique elements are revealed by a timeless amber scent. A tantalising duo of ginger and nutmeg spices the top of the fragrance, adding a touch of intrigue. This melts into a rosy-cinnamon heart for a deliciously sensual sensation. Combined with sweet vanilla and soft musk, the secret amber adds all the depth to the warm and sophisticated fragrance."

Intense Oud ~ "Delight in the darkly enigmatic intense Oud, a powerfully alluring woody floral. The scent opens with a delicately spiced blend of saffron and lemongrass before building to an addictive heart of cistus labdanum and Turkish rose absolute. Combined with patchouli and sandalwood, Oud wood sensually embraces the whole fragrance, creating an overall experience of distinguished opulence."

Jovan Silky Rose, Secret Amber and Intense Oud are available in 88 ml Cologne Spray.

(via jovanmusk, found via pinkmelon.de)

1. thegoddessrena says:

Oud in a drugstore fragrance? Does this mean the end is near? (The end of the oud trend or perhaps the end of the world as we know it–I’m not fussy). My brain is already fried from packing and the stress of moving or I’m sure it would have blown a few circuits

Hopefully this will convince anyone who still thinks oud is a “precious ingredient”, LOL…

2. peter says:

I wish they would bring back some of their 80′s fragrances like Jovan Sport for Men and Grass Oil…sigh.

I remember the grass oil (I think?) but not the sport.

• pyramus says:

There are probably a LOT of people who would kill to get their hands on Andron for Men again. Even if the premise (pheromones! sextacular!) was hooey, the scent was just fantastically good, almost entirely animalic base notes cleverly disguised by a woody-patchouli scent. Of course, it probably contained some elements that you can no longer put in a commercial scent….

• poodle says:

I forgot about Andron. That was a good one. I loved Grass too. The other one I used to like was Night Blooming Jasmine. I will sniff these because I love to find cheap drugstore thrills. These don’t sound like sweet fruity florals either.

I don’t even know that one!

• OhLily says:

I really miss Sport for women – It was fantastically green and mossy!

• nancyg says:

I wore Grass Oil in 1975 – loved it. My first fragrance at university…

3. sinnerman says:

I am a huge fan of jovan musk !!! A new romance after I had a what the hell moment and grabbed it at $16 ! I has sparked a re interest in musk for me , and after wearing it I now recognize musky notes in my other fragrances !! I am excited to see these!

I have not tried it in years, but my Egyptian musk costs about the same :-)

4. NinaraPoll says:

I know I always say once BBW does an oud then the trend’ll be dead… but I think this is proof the trend is finally dead ;) These three do actually sound nice, but I’m trying not to get my hopes up, both for myself and for my pocketbook.

NP

5. lera says:

I read that the perfumes are set to be out in September. Does anyone know when they are going to be at the stores? I have asked at my local CVS – they have not heard about it. I will check on them periodically, very curious about that.
    [edited to remove link]

I’m sorry but no idea, and don’t even know how widely they’ll be distributed.